Is there a way to lock the keyboard? I'd love it to lock automatically after being inactive for like 30 seconds. I keep calling people by mistake when the phone is in my pocket!!

Thanks!
    01-31-09 10:59 PM
    You can lock it via the icon or assigning a key for it. My left side key is assigned to lock. There is also an app that I believe you need to pay for called autostandy which many folks here like though I have never tried it. You can also hold the K key if you do not have "dial from home screen enabled" or ALT + Enter if its enabled.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-31-09 at 11:14 PM.
    01-31-09 11:11 PM
    You can lock it via the icon or assigning a key for it. My left side key is assigned to lock. There is also an app that I believe you need to pay for called autostandy which many folks here like though I have never tried it. You can also hold the K key if you do not have "dial from home screen enabled" or ALT + Enter if its enabled.
    Autostandby (or autolock) is exactly what your looking for it does the exact thing your asking, you can set it to different times to lock itself after the backlight goes off. and its free.

Found it, its actually called autolock to change the settings you have to go to options and its in there.

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    01-31-09 11:16 PM
    yes. Definately set a convenience key for the keyboard lock. You'll get in the habit of always hitting a side key after each call or before putting it in your pocket.
    01-31-09 11:17 PM
    How do you set a convenience key?
    01-31-09 11:21 PM
    Options>screen and keyboard>scroll down you will see it
    01-31-09 11:25 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    01-31-09 11:30 PM
    My right side key is set for it, and it's really turned into a habit that I hit it whenever I'm done using my phone. That's the easiest way other than downloading an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 12:40 AM
    Totally agree with side convenience key...one for keyboard lock and other for camera. Sometimes need to catch a quick Kodack moment!
    02-01-09 02:23 AM
    My right side key is set for it, and it's really turned into a habit that I hit it whenever I'm done using my phone. That's the easiest way other than downloading an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Totally agree with side convenience key...one for keyboard lock and other for camera. Sometimes need to catch a quick Kodack moment!
    Make that three...I have left on lock and right side for camera.
    02-01-09 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD