Even when my phone is locked, it sometimes answers or rejects incoming calls while in my purse. Clearly buttons are being pressed when the phone is ringing. After several friends have questioned why I "rejected" their call, I've decided to see if there is any resolution to the problem. I doubt there's anything I can do, but any tips would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lacey_Underalls; 04-24-12 at 01:16 AM.
    01-21-09 02:54 AM
    What OS are you running?

I know that 4.5 allows the send/menu/clear/end buttons to partially wake up the phone while remaining mostly in standby. Maybe it's allowing rejected calls as well?
    01-21-09 03:09 AM
    I'm running 4.5.0.110. Yah, I'm guessing that accidental key presses (i.e. from my purse being pressed up against a table or chair) while the phone is ringing either answers or rejects the call BUT I would think only the green "Answer" or red "End call/power off" keys would do this. Maybe it's just my luck that those two buttons get pushed lol. This is the one thing I miss about having a flip phone--I had to flip open the phone AND press the "Answer" or "End call" key before the call was connected or rejected. There was no chance of accidental answering or rejecting while the phone was in my purse.
    01-21-09 03:58 AM
    Ok, got a chance to actually see what happens.

I put my phone in standby and then called it, then the phone came out of standby to allow answering or rejecting the call. I guess the only real workaround to this is to get a case or holster with the magnet in it. Even if you get a call with it in there the buttons aren't active until you take it out of the case.
    01-21-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD