Hi folks,

I have an unlocked AT&T 8310 and was wondering if there is any way to keep the phone only on the AT&T network and keep it from automatically switching over to other networks. I'm in San Diego for work and whenever I get close to the Mexican border, it automatically switches over to the closest Mexican GSM carrier/AT&T International partner and so I'm getting charged for roaming at random times. I remember when I was with Sprint, there was a feature on the phones that allowed you to set the network to "Sprint Only" to keep the phone from roaming. Is there a feature similar to this on AT&T's 8310?

Thanks for any help ya'll might have!
    06-08-08 12:53 PM
    Options>Mobile Network>Data Services>Off When Roaming

You won't be able to make or receive calls in a roaming area, but you won't incur roaming charges either.
    06-08-08 01:42 PM
    Why should you suffer, make them do their job. Let them know that you never left the country.

Why should you not be able to make a phone call because you are closer to a out of country tower.

They can pinpoint your location and tell if you have or have not left ... yeah... yeah, you should have bought one of their phones.

Nothing in the contract says you have to... locked or unlocked, you cannot be falsely charged.

I remember when roaming meant leaving your calling area, now it's leaving the country (ha!)

I had service in Mississippi only, any place else was roaming. Well when I drove about 5 miles from the Alabama border I would pick up on a Alabama tower... roaming....AAaaahhh! I was never charged for it. They have to know it some how.

msblueline
    06-08-08 05:43 PM
    Options, Mobile Network, Network Selection Mode = Manual
    06-08-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD