I have had my berry for about two months now and am totally happy......except........every other day is a "bad day" for my curve. For some reason the loading icon pops up in the middle and some times I have to wait up to ten minutes for it to go away. During this time I cant get anything to work. Is it mad at me or something? Seroiusly, I need to know if anyone has had the same probs and fixed it.
    12-19-08 12:22 PM
    I have experienced this on os 4.2 frequently and only in rare (very rare cases) on 4.5 when I try to view a web page that's not berry friendly. A battery pull is often all that cures mine. Have you checked you free space? I suppose if you were very low on memory this could happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 12:28 PM
    I am still sorta green. How do I check my free space?
    12-19-08 12:35 PM
    u might have an app running an update in the background which is why the hourglass is popping up randomly. It can either be searching for an update or it may be that its just not working right. What apps are on ur system and also check ur file free when this hourglass starts popping up (well, when it finally goes away)

options, status, file free
    12-19-08 12:51 PM
    Mine hovers around 18 megs free (all media on a memory card) and sever games, apps and app loaders installed.

12-19-08 12:54 PM
    Memory Optimization
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

12-19-08 12:56 PM
    Keyboard shortcut for checking file free memory (and other things):

Alt+LeftShift+h
    12-19-08 12:57 PM
    Or options-status, I like the alt shift H, though .

Now file free memory is something to pay attention to, as well as your browser cache if your problems happen when you're in your browser. You do need to follow the memory guide vnd put up above. Before you do that, you should take a couple steps to free up memory now - and these are the steps to follow if your ff drops to below 12mb again (I also put in good browser settings for you):

First clear your cache and event log:
    Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear your browser's cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Then reset your Curve. A soft is usually good, but a hard reset is close to a battery pull:
    Soft Reset for the Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

Then set up your browser:
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

And finally, take a good look at your apps and delete the ones you don't need.

Good luck!

12-19-08 01:21 PM
    Thanks alot for the info! I am going to follow all the steps and see how it works. Wish me luck!
    12-19-08 02:31 PM
    I have the same phone and same carrier.
    They had me run the app loader and it seemed to work for maybe and week or two but it doing it again now.
    But they sent me an email on what to do so if you want you can give me your email and I will fwd it to u.
    Something elas you could do is update the software. I'm not really sure how to do that so you would have to call t-mobile and ask them but u should call them anyway to just explain what is going on and see what they have you do and if what they have you do works could u plaese let me know because I know how you feel.
    Hope it helps!
    BlackPnkAngel
    03-18-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD