i'm wondering if there is away to listen to the music in bb via an FM modulator. Is there such with blackberry?

thanks
    09-04-09 07:50 AM
    i got a head unit that has a USB port and an Aux port, I use the USB port since that charges the phone too. It works great.
    09-04-09 07:56 AM
    my head unit doesn't have a USB or AUX port.
    I wish it did!
    any other way?
    09-04-09 08:00 AM
    Sure you can buy an fm converter plug into to the headset plug and set your station. I would bet a pretty good converter because of interference with other radios. If you could do a jack to jack is best.
    09-04-09 08:18 AM
    Pick which one works for you...but I use a Motorola T505. Nice unit that receives the bluetooth signal from my storm and broadcasts the FM signal back to my car stereo. I don't have auxiliary jacks/outputs on my factory stereo. This works very well...just sometimes on longer trips I need to change the radio station due to static or being too close to another radio station signal. Works great with Pandora or Slacker internet radios...like having XM without the fee! The T505 works even in my garage on the stereo, so some portability is nice too!
    09-04-09 08:29 AM
    I use my FM converter on my 8320 while listening to XM.

Plunkingtom is right. Make sure you get a goof FM converter because some have such bad quality it's not worth the hassle.
    09-04-09 08:29 AM
    Is the T505 stereo? I was under the impression that it was mono.
    09-04-09 08:56 AM
    i got a head unit that has a USB port and an Aux port, I use the USB port since that charges the phone too. It works great.
    I have a usb port on my radio but I can't get it to play music through my radio. What am I doing wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:10 AM
    I have a Motorola T505, I'm pretty sure it's stereo, it works great. If you want privacy on your phone calls, switch off the FM and just use it as a visor speakerphone. Jabra has a model that's been recommended to me also, but I haven't tried it. There's no wires involved, pairing is easy, it'll find a clear FM frequency, changing frequencies while you drive is easy. The sound quality is as good as or better than FM radio broadcast.
    09-04-09 01:39 PM
    I have a usb port on my radio but I can't get it to play music through my radio. What am I doing wrong?

What cable are you using? The curve puts audio out in the headphone jack not its usb port..
    09-04-09 04:28 PM
    i use the transmitter
    09-04-09 05:01 PM
    What cable are you using? The curve puts audio out in the headphone jack not its usb port..
    But I have a head unit that is a dvd player and mp3 player and I want access the files on the memory card and it won't read them. But I can play mp3s and mp4s if they are on a disc. Is there a setting that I am missing?

09-04-09 08:59 PM
    I think you could use a cord that has the headphone jack on one end and whatever input to your head unit. Is there an aux?The bb will play music but I don't think you can read the ram or the card from a head unit.
    09-04-09 09:22 PM
    Just got my T505 and it's great. Highly recommended.
    09-13-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD