New here, first post.

I just don't like icons!

I don't like rolling through them when I am looking for a particular App. When I go to my applications is there a way to show a list of app's instead of Icons?

David
    08-10-09 09:40 PM
    I've never seen a theme like this. Everything is GUI based now a days, you still like text based interfaces? :shrugs:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:51 PM
    I hate icons, too. I posted my own workaround in my introduction topic. (Sorry -- tried to post a link to it but could not, because my post count isn't ten. But, the post is in the newbie section with the title "Hello.")

Only difference is I'm using keyboard shortcuts rather than a list. I have a nice, clean screen with no icons.

Tony
    08-11-09 01:15 AM
    Check out the app called ShortcutMe. This will allow you to have a list of all your apps and you can alphabetize them if you wish. You can assign a 2 or 3 digit code to each app and you can bring up the program by assigning it to your convenience keys. Then simply type the codes or move the trackball onto the menu item and away you go! You can also color code the menu items. Very nice app, and cheap, too!
    08-11-09 06:35 PM
    Um...I hate icons because they remind me of Windows and the iPHONE: I have a BB Storm! Here is a shot of my own personal Zen Tesla theme. The Accuweather Radar icon/button is in focus. I could adjust the normal state of these icons to have complete transparency...

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 08-11-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-11-09 09:31 PM
    Call me old-fashioned, I kind of like text-based list myself--at least the 2 combined. Think about it--the pull-down menu shiws a text-listing, would you really want those replaced with symbols? I am not knocking icons 100%, but text-based listings are advantageous sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:49 PM
    08-12-09 07:28 PM
    Guys, it's time to catch up with the 21st century, technology keeps on moving, fast...
    08-12-09 07:31 PM
    A theme using icons made up of depictions of letters or words is not "going back to a text based interface". To desire to have the shortcuts contain a word rather than a just a picture, is a valid one. Nobody is saying they want to ditch the GUI, simply icons that used words as their primary method of identification.
    10-18-09 09:43 AM
    A theme using icons made up of depictions of letters or words is not "going back to a text based interface". To desire to have the shortcuts contain a word rather than a just a picture, is a valid one. Nobody is saying they want to ditch the GUI, simply icons that used words as their primary method of identification.
    Thanks you very much Phil!!!

David
    10-18-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD