My cousin just purchased a new blackberry curve 8330 from Sprint (the Cranberry one) and we both noticed that the backlight is a light greenish tint instead of the crystal clear light that I have on my BB. We were wondering if this is a flaw or something new/ normal to the Cranberry BB from Sprint?
    12-29-08 06:37 PM
    i was wondering that too i had a new 8330 it was also crystal clear until i got a refurbished one from verizon because my mute key was broken......... i just figured the reason was because it was refurbished but i would really wanna knw it RIM is now doing this
    12-29-08 07:05 PM
    this one wasn't a refurbished one- supposely brand new? umm make you wonder.
    12-29-08 07:06 PM
    I'm assuming you are talking about the keyboard backlight? If so, I got a brand-new-in-box replacement from sprint and noticed this too. I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was going crazy!
    12-29-08 09:13 PM
    yeap that's what I'm talking about fclensy, the keyboard backlight. umm, something new I guess. Well I'm glad it's not only me i thought I had a lemon for a blackberry, otherwise everything else works propertly. maybe they're going green who knows.
    01-01-09 09:07 AM
    I just purchased my 8330 (titanium) last week from Sprint and the back light color is a bright white. I would take it back if it annoys your cousin that much. Better to get a replacement with in the first 30 days than wait and deal with the hassle later on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 10:35 AM
    LED's like the ones they use to light the keyboards and backlight the screen are subject to a wide range of color tints due to the manufacturing process.

Most manufactures will select "a" or "b" bin leds to use because of their crisper whiter light, however sometimes even high quality leds can have a slight tint. Its just really luck of the draw.

So your mileage may vary.

Bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD