I was debating a couple weeks ago whether to get a lg dare or a bb..
    well i went with the dare... and now wondering if i shoulda went with the bb since u can add a lot of apps and such.
    im one of those people that change there mind a lot about phones and certain things, killin myself to death if im going with the right one.
    lg dare isnt bad, but sometimes i want an actually qwerty key.

wondering if anyone got any advice or if in the same predicament as me.

thanks.
    08-02-08 06:19 PM
    what do you use your phone for? you cant really compare the LG Dare to any smartphone, whether Blackberry, Treo, etc.
    08-02-08 06:22 PM
    just like internet, txting A LOT, um.. pics, camera, email sometimes, would want some games, but Dare doesnt come with any.

i know they may seem to lean towards the dare, but idk..always wanted a bb and seems like u can change a lot more of stuff.

dare does have a NICE camera too... so idk.
    08-02-08 07:02 PM
    I love my curve 8320, it's everything I want and more. I did a lot of research before I made my purchase. Everything from reading everything right here on Crackberry, to going to the T-Mobile store and having actual hands on with different phones. I also went on CNET.com to see how each phone was rated. I knew that I wanted a phone that I would be happy with for at least the 2years of my new contract. Believe me I know what you are going through. I had a hard time deciding if I should purchase the Curve now or wait until one of the newer blackberries became available. My impatience got the best of me and I purchased my curve and I have no regrets. However my boyfriend is with Verizon and he purchased the Dare. He really likes his phone and is very happy with his decision. I was able to play with his phone and I must admit it did have some pretty cool apps. But for me I enjoy my keyboard as well as all the great downloads, and of course crackberry.com and even cooler apps on my bb. Don't get me wrong, it is a personnal preference that you will have to make, I suggest that you go to Verizon and try out the BB's that they have there and then you can choose what phone is the best one for you. Good Luck!!!
    08-02-08 07:03 PM
    thanks for the responses...
    i hate how my mind works sometimes...
    it seems to like to torcher me or something..
    08-02-08 07:11 PM
    The Curve definitely has a pretty decent camera. I ended up with a BB because of a text and email addiction that other VZW phones like the enV just couldn't keep up with.

It's all personal preference, like has been said. You have to PICK what is best for you. Good luck!
    08-02-08 07:13 PM
    the dare is for sure lame... you're missin out
    08-02-08 07:13 PM
    lol.
    so all i got to do is go to the store and ask them to exchange it for a bb??

doesnt cost anything?

im pretty sure im still under my 30 days
    08-02-08 07:20 PM
    The only charge might be the difference between the two phones
    08-02-08 07:21 PM
    I had the Dare for two weeks, I couldn't stand it. It was way too light/flimsy IMHO, felt like a kid's phone.

I hated texting on it, the keypad was one typo after another. The screen felt flimsy to the touch.I don't have long nails so I couldn't type with my nails, and it doesn't respond to the fingertips like the iPhone does.

Browsing the web was painful compared to the BlackBerry and the iPhone.I must have clicked hundreds of links I didn't want to click before actually clicking where I wanted to go.

All in all it just wasn't the phone for me. The BlackBerry is so much smarter, and has so much more to offer. IMHO the Dare is just a fancy cell phone whereas the BlackBerry is like carrying around your laptop, only pocket-sized.

Not trying to bash on anyone who has the Dare, if you like it then by all means keep it.

But if you're even considering the BlackBerry you won't be disappointed. Millions of CrackBerry addicts can't be all wrong!

If you're still in your 30 days, give VZW a call, they'll upgrade to a BlackBerry immediately!

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 07:24 PM
    Alright I think I might take the chance and do it .
    just need to get to a vzw store.
    and Im loving Crackberry...so many people around to help. love ya guys.

i think the dare might be more then the Bb so maybe ill get store credit or something and be able to get a SDcard.
    Will have to wait and see.
    08-02-08 07:28 PM
    oh and ya, i make so many mistakes on the dare...
    and on aim i hate it cuz it lags bad. i type a word and its way behind if i continue.
    08-02-08 07:32 PM
    Awesome! You're going to love it. Go for the Curve instead of the Pearl, I think they're the same price now or maybe $30 difference. Totally worth it.

You can call VZW right now (611) and they can upgrade you instantly so you don't have to go into the store. My local store has a couple of jerks in there that like to pull powertrips so I avoid the store.

Or go in and request the manager immediately so there's no problems. But they shouldn't give you any trouble since you haven't made any exchanges yet and if your still under 30 days.

If you call VZW they ship it out for free, usually in two days Fedex. Then when you get the BlackBerry you mail in your Dare using their postage paid labels. Make sure you write down the return tracking number and call VZW after you ship the Dare back so they know it's on the way.

Have fun! I know what you mean about these things, when I joined CrackBerry originally, I had the Pearl. Then I saw how many people loved the Curve so it was like keeping me up @ night thinking about the Curve. Then my Pearl went wonky so it was like fate that I got the Curve!

Now I can sleep @ night - no wait, that's not true, because I stay up all night in bed laying on my side, on CrackBerry! LOL

Last edited by edenofgarden; 08-02-08 at 07:42 PM.
    08-02-08 07:40 PM
    lol thanks for the info, I think maybe I will call them.

another question about curves, what does unlocking them mean?
    is that the only way to get like apps on them?
    08-02-08 07:48 PM
    I would of went with the BB.

08-02-08 07:50 PM
    I'm not sure but I think unlocking has to do with other carriers.

I'm on VZW and I didn't have to unlock anything to get apps on my BlackBerry!

08-02-08 07:52 PM
    just like internet, txting A LOT, um.. pics, camera, email sometimes, would want some games, but Dare doesnt come with any.

i know they may seem to lean towards the dare, but idk..always wanted a bb and seems like u can change a lot more of stuff.

dare does have a NICE camera too... so idk.

In my opinion, the things you mentioned actually lean towards the Curve.

Internet... Great browser with 4.5 or Opera Mini.
    Texting... QWERTY keyboard is usually easier to type with. (I like SureType though)
    Pics/Camera... The curve has a pretty decent camera. I have not played with the dare, so I'm not sure on this one.
    Email... Hands down, no explanation needed.
    Games... I actually like the free BrickBreaker and also Guitar Hero is cool.

Another thing you didn't mention is Instant Messaging. If this is something you do, then BB has the best solutions. JiveTalk ($20-$30) or WebMessenger/EQO (free)
    08-02-08 07:57 PM
    I usually just chat on AIM and just txt.

Also the dare has a 3.2 mp camera, i think it is better but not sure.

Also right now im on a premium plan....
    I was wondering how much bb plans cost?
    I was lookin and they seemed more expensive...this might be a turn off...

cuz right now i like what i got, unlim txt, internet, gps...and ect stuff.
    08-02-08 08:07 PM
    BlackBerry plan unlimited with VZW is $29 a month but IMO sooo worth it!

08-02-08 08:11 PM
    BlackBerry messenger is free and I like it better than VZW messenger that uses aim/yahoo. It seems like it's a lot faster.

08-02-08 08:13 PM
    okay.. so...hm..
    right now im paying 79.99 for the premium.
    what would the total cost be with the bb plan?
    id go wth the 450 minutes, and want unlimited txt messagin.
    08-02-08 08:15 PM
    As mentioned above, the data plan for a Blackberry is much more expensive than for a dumbphone (and I'm using the term lightly), but the device can really do a lot more. I personally find the camera on my Curve to be adequate enough for impromptu pictures.
    08-02-08 08:18 PM
    Hmm not sure on the exact numbers. We have the plan that has unlimited texting to anyone. But we're all on a family plan so it's probably different.

Call VZW already, dude! The suspense is killing me LOL! Just get a quote from them at least, for what it'll be with the BlackBerry and texting.

08-02-08 08:19 PM
    okay.. so...hm..
    right now im paying 79.99 for the premium.
    what would the total cost be with the bb plan?
    id go wth the 450 minutes, and want unlimited txt messagin.
    For the Nationwide plan with 450 minutes and unlimited text is $59.99, plus $29.99 for the Blackberry plan.
    08-02-08 08:21 PM
    haha.
    alright.. ill do it now i guess.
    08-02-08 08:22 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD