My phone did a vibe and a funny chirp that I haven't heard before, I opened the screen but nothing showed up like a message. A minute later, it did it again. Not knowing what it was, I scrolled all my tones and notifications until I found that is the level 1 message notifier. Never received a level 1 before, apparently still haven't since no new message showed up.

Question is this, the only thing I can possibly think of, I tried sending a pin mssg to a guy yesterday, at pretty much about the same time I got these notifications. Is it at all possible that the level 1 notifier would go off to tell me the pins were not delivered? (they weren't). Just odd that a message alert would go off with no viual notification at all.
    10-25-08 04:10 PM
    Go into the messages icon Menu > Options > General Options > Make PIN Level 1 > Yes or No
    10-25-08 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply Berry but.......

Is it at all possible that the level 1 notifier would go off to tell me the pins were not delivered? (they weren't). Just odd that a message alert would go off with no viual notification at all.
    Trying to determine why it went off in the first place.
    10-25-08 04:39 PM
    You can send a pin to yourself to test the notification. I don't know why you would get a notification without receiving a message. I use pins and I've never received an alert for a failure to deliver. The only time I've had a pin fail to be delivered is when I didn't have a signal.
    10-25-08 11:19 PM
    The person I sent the pin mssg to apparently hadn't finished configuring his device. He'd only had it about 20 min. He never got the message either way and on my end, they had 'X' next to them. I looked back and saw that I got the notification exactly 24 hrs after attempting the send.

On edit: tried to send one to myself and it did not go through. Got the X and notification within 5 minutes. Odd since I have a BB plan through Sprint. At least on my plan breakdown it says I do. Unless I am not understanding what "unlimited Blackberry access" means.
    Last edited by flynlow; 10-26-08 at 12:05 AM.
    10-25-08 11:51 PM
    It ended up being on my end, had to register the host routing table. I would have thought that was done when I purchased the device. Browser, BIS mail was working fine.
    10-26-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD