How do i go about changing the "OUTGOING SERVER" on a e-mail account? I have logged into my BB NEXTEL E-MAIL account via the web and i also through my BB but i don't have the option. I need to change the outgoing server on my CHARTER account[I can recieve but i can't send out].I have called charter e-mail tech but they give me the info i already have!!!!.
    01-06-09 09:12 PM
    Delete the email acct completely on BIS and reinstall it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:18 PM
    On BB device you cannot modify the server info. If you are not able to send there is another issue happening. Starting with above post is a good idea, this will remove the service and give you a new one.
    01-06-09 09:23 PM
    Did that already and when reinstalling it there is no option to choose a differnent server! When i enter my e-mail address with charter it will set up the account settings on it's own.
    01-06-09 09:36 PM
    I was using Sprint's outgoing server(because they were aware that charter accounts had this issue!)but Sprint nolonger has e-mail services. I can use the outgoing server from my work e-mail but I need to get into the settings in order to apply the change.

01-06-09 09:44 PM
    Anybody??
    01-07-09 09:14 AM
    I just added two new email accounts to my BIS server. One required a different outgoing server. If I remember right I set it up normally and the BIS tried to make the connection and test settings. When that failed it gave me the option of modifying the server settings.
    01-07-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD