The last time my phone was opened up and the original problems that arose from changing the housing were fixed, I noticed that the upper left corner of the lens was coming apart from the faceplate. It was sticking up, to the point where dust could very easily get in (and some did). I've kept it in a snap-on case ever since, until it can be fixed. The thing is, I bought some double-sided adhesive from a company that I thought was located here in the U.S. I wanted/needed it quick so I went with that. Today I discovered it's actually located in Hong Kong, like my housing kit was, and that took a week and a half to receive.

I'm really wanting to get this fixed sooner. Since it's only one corner of the lens that's come off, are there any other products I could use to get it back on? Or are there any stores that carry a double-sided adhesive I could use?

Basically I'm looking to get this fixed SOON. If I have to wait then I'll wait... I just thought I'd ask!
    05-06-09 03:46 PM
    Craft stores sell something that might work. It is basically adhesive on a roll of waxed paper. They come in various widths, some are very narrow. Scrapbooking enthusiasts use it to mount their stuff.

Think of the double-sided foam tape minus the foam, just adhesive.
    05-06-09 03:56 PM
    Ah right! Scrapbooking! I should have thought of that. We've got loads of those supply stores here. I'll check them out. Thanks!
    05-06-09 04:24 PM
    If I can ask one more (stupid) question... Will I need to take the entire lens off and re-do the whole thing? Or can I just spot treat it?
    05-06-09 04:48 PM
    I would imagine you would need to take it off completely, clean off the old adhesive from both surfaces, then reinstall.
    05-06-09 05:18 PM
    The next time I need something done on my phone I'm going to put it in a box and ship it to you. I hope your real name is xliderider.
    05-06-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD