Hi folks. My 6 week old Curve was dropped and the lens is now scratched up on one side. I ordered an OEM replacement lens for a good price and wondered if anyone has experience prying the old lens off and replacing it.

I saw a youtube video that explains to pry it from the air hole by the speaker, but it was for the 8320 lens. As you can see in the bottom link, the silver piece above the air hole seems to be attached to the lens. Any suggestions on where and how to pry it off, and the best, safest way without causing any damage? Thanks.

New lens:
    BlackBerry Curve 8330/8350i OEM Black LCD lens- NEC, Dopod/O2, Alcatel, LG, 3G, HTC, SonyEricsson, Motorola, Nokia, Microsoft, A
    01-14-09 09:04 AM
    The same way.
    01-14-09 09:27 AM
    Thanks rachel! One question though, does the silver part above the air hole of the earpiece come off too? Reason why I'm asking is I want to know where to apply leverage when I pry it off to eliminate any damage.
    01-14-09 10:23 AM
    Rachel is the case changing expert here, if you have any issues, she is definitley who you want to talk too...
    01-14-09 10:25 AM
    On mine "the silver peice" is attached to the lens, so yeh it comes off.. its not a hard process, you will see it when you do it.
    01-14-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks again, rachel, you've been of much help.

And I think you're right, SevereDeceit.
    01-14-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD