I have the 8330 Curve with Verizon Wireless.

This is my first BB.

When I had phone I could send texts there 5 - 6 pages long to other VZN users.

If I sent anything over one page (180 character) they would only get the first page.

Now with my BB I can only type out a text that is the 1 page long to anyone, it just won't let me type in anymore then 180 characters which is kinda annoying.

Most people I know have VZN, I think only 2 people I text don't. My gf is on my family shared plan and only being able to send these short texts is pretty annoying, anyway to fix this?
    11-07-08 03:34 PM
    Nope,

SMS = 160
    MMS = 1000
    BBM = unlimited
    11-07-08 03:37 PM
    i noticed that too and it's quite annoying. I know there's no way to change it in the BB but maybe someone knows of software that bypasses this?
    11-07-08 03:37 PM
    Nope,

SMS = 160
    MMS = 1000
    BBM = unlimited
    What exactly is a BBM? I know it's a Blackberry Message but I've never used it.

Does the other person need a BB too?

No one I know has a BB but me.
    11-07-08 03:42 PM
    Its restricted by the carriers, but if you type out several pages it'll send several pages to the recipient
    11-07-08 03:43 PM
    Ya BBM is blackberry messenger... and the other person need it as well...
    11-07-08 05:37 PM
    11-07-08 05:42 PM
    BBM is like AOL IM for Balckberry
    11-07-08 05:43 PM
    I use the philosophy that if you have more than a page worth of text to send it would be easier and shorter to just call the person....
    11-07-08 05:57 PM
    I just save it as a draft and type away and send it all at once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 06:20 PM
    I use the philosophy that if you have more than a page worth of text to send it would be easier and shorter to just call the person....
    Not so much sometimes ur in situations that u can't talk like in a library or classroom

11-07-08 09:50 PM
    Not at all. I actually get bothered when people call me.

Everyone I know besides my parents all we do is text unless its a semi emergency like out driving and looking for a place or need directions real fast then you call.

Also me and my gf talk all day via text but we can't just be calling each other.
    11-07-08 10:14 PM
    Not at all. I actually get bothered when people call me.

Everyone I know besides my parents all we do is text unless its a semi emergency like out driving and looking for a place or need directions real fast then you call.

Also me and my gf talk all day via text but we can't just be calling each other.

Omg yes wen I go to puerto rico to visit my cousin that's all his gf ever does is call him! Its annoying I'm like dude wtf has she not heard of txting?! Like he'll be trying to wire his audio system and she calls like 4 times in one hour!!! I'm like dude pay for her for a dam txt plan

11-07-08 10:24 PM
    Exactly and its usually **** that isn't like real important so I can get a text, do what I'm doing, check it when I get a chance, then reply when I have a chance.

If I'm in the middle of writing something and I have to stop, I can just put it down, do my thing and get back to it.

I can't just be getting calls all the time for random **** then just hang up mid sentence.
    11-07-08 10:57 PM
    It is quite annoying. I find myself having to use "ur" "u"...bugs me more than it should.
    11-08-08 07:33 AM
    no restriction on t mobile, you get 160 characters but 6 pages of text.
    11-08-08 07:48 AM
    It is quite annoying. I find myself having to use "ur" "u"...bugs me more than it should.
    That doesn't bother me in a text that much, its a text.

I won't use things like l8r or anything like that but I'll "u" to replace "you" and "r" to replace "are" but that's about it.

As long as writing emails and on message boards I remember I can type freely and don't use the "u" or "r" I'm ok with it.

I hate logging into a message board on my PC and see I posted something using text abbreviation just cause I posted from my phone, Ill go in and edit it, it bothers me so much.
    11-08-08 08:11 AM
    Ironic, G0NZ0, that your rant-post about grammar ends in a run-on sentence

11-08-08 08:17 AM

I know. I'm working on very little sleep.

I just opened this thread thinking, "I know I posted in this thread but did I post?"
    11-08-08 08:23 AM

Lol. I thought I'd be used to it by now, but I call texting the "160" game. I see how many characters I use. Did I just admit that?
    11-08-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD