Quick question in regards to voice mail notifications. So, I have SMS Messages and E-mails in separate folders. So it leaves a "Voice Mail Message" notification in the folder when I have a new voice mail. Perfect, all is well. However, if I just dial the quick key to open my voice mail (1), it will keep the New message notification in my SMS folder. Is there anyway for it to recognize that I don't have any voice mail, let alone a new one, without me just opening the new voice mail message notification? Thanks again.
    10-01-08 09:28 AM
    This is because the voicemail notification in your SMS inbox is treated as an actual SMS message. You need to go to your inbox and actually open the notification for the indicator to disappear.
    10-01-08 09:30 AM
    Ugh, that seems tedious. Is there a way to not have an sms message created when I get a voice mail?
    10-01-08 09:50 AM
    It really isn't tedious once you get used to it. And no, you cannot disable this option. This is the way voicemail notification is setup on these devices - it is what it is.
    10-01-08 09:51 AM
    Well, is there a faster way to call my voicemail from the actual SMS "you have a voicemail" screen? As it is now, I open the sms message, hit the call button, doesn't call my voicemail, i back out to home screen, and then hold 1 to call voicemail. There has to be a better way.
    10-02-08 09:35 AM
    when you get a notification in your sms just open it then click it again either on your trackball or the blackberry button, (can't remember which one) and it will give you the option to call your voicemail
    10-02-08 10:09 AM
    I didn't have this issue until i go my CURVE. My pearl never gave me the message in my SMS inbox. I want it to go away too
    10-21-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD