So I noticed yesterday that my left side convenience key is not opening the right application if it is held down. I have it set to open the profiles but if I hold it for more then a second it opens my call log. Is this normal??? Called AT&T and they told me that it was how the phone was but I didn't think that was right I searched the forums and didn't find any shortcut list that said this should happen. Thanks any help!

Sorry if this is a noob question!

Curve 8310 running OS v4.2.2.170
    06-20-08 06:20 PM
    I have mine set to my Address Book, holding down for any length of time only gets me my Addy's. Good luck.
    06-20-08 06:26 PM
    Hey welcome no that isnt normal.
    06-20-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply I guess I get to fight with AT&T now
    06-20-08 06:31 PM
    Seems like you have a reason to, because like Sultan and Brotha, mine does not do that.
    06-20-08 06:34 PM
    Have you tried just reassigning the button? Always troubleshoot what you can before getting on the line with a CSR.
    06-20-08 07:01 PM
    I have a similar issue...

I set the left side key to profile, but it will more often than not open the Telenav application. I tried reassigning the key to other apps and I even tried to move the Telenav icon location in the event that the left side key position was defaulting to that icon position.

I've pretty much given up and just assigned Telenav to the left side key and use the profile icon
    06-20-08 09:17 PM
    Yeah I finally got them to send out a new phone...well a reconditioned one but I figure mine was reconditioned the day after I got it so it's all good, but after three different reps and two phone calls I'm hopefully going to get my problem taken care of. ..

If it's like that on the new one I'm going to wait till the Bold comes out and tell them I want a different phone all together! I'm not so sure that will happen but I can dream can't I? lol

I would call AT&T Blackbird, keep trying and you can probably get another one depending on how long you've had your curve, mine was only about 3 months old...
    06-20-08 09:51 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Just a thought...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 11:22 PM
    My 8310 Curve did that for about a week, and then the left convienence key stopped working all togther!! I just got my replacement today, a refurbished 8310, that is suprisingly just like new!! Watch out, it might quit working on you very soon!!
    06-20-08 11:52 PM
    By the way, I tried a batt pull, wiping and reinstalling the os and everything else I could think of before calling CSR. Good luck!
    06-20-08 11:55 PM
    I have mine set to open profiles and if I click it it opens profiles but if I hold it down it opens my call log.

06-21-08 12:30 AM
    I have mine set to open profiles and if I click it it opens profiles but if I hold it down it opens my call log.

Jakeipoo,
    Thank you! I was reading the posts before yours thinking my brand new phone was broken but you made me do a quick click and there was my address book, a longer hold is my call log. Whew!! I was thinking my phone was broken too!
    06-21-08 01:07 AM
    Fantom did your "new" curve do the same thing?? and yeah battery pull didn't solve this problem for me either surprisingly as it seems to solve most others
    06-21-08 01:33 AM
    I had somewhat of a similar problem, by default ATT sets the left side to be Push to Talk but I then changed this to open the camera and it wouldn't open, I then tried other applications and it opened them just fine, it must not like the camera.
    06-21-08 02:13 AM
    Exchange that bad boy. I work for at&t and use/test a lot of BBs. No matter how long you hold it down, it should bring up what ever you have it set to. I've also tested my devices before I posted.
    06-21-08 02:13 AM
    Jakeipoo,
    Thank you! I was reading the posts before yours thinking my brand new phone was broken but you made me do a quick click and there was my address book, a longer hold is my call log. Whew!! I was thinking my phone was broken too!

Your Welcome
    06-21-08 11:44 PM
    yeah mine is set to open the browser but if i hold it down for longer it also takes me to the call log but i never really worried about it
    06-22-08 12:48 AM
    A quick shortcut to Profiles if you are using Today, Zen or L themes is to flick the traackball right from the hme screen. This may solve your pronlem another way.
    06-22-08 05:08 AM
    Mine just stopped working, it is driving me crazy. I even tried pressing it with a key, my nails, a pencil, even scissors and doesn't work
    06-28-08 12:00 AM
    Scissors? Nice

06-28-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD