I'm posting this on behalf of my boyfriend (sorry if it's in the wrong section.)

About 8 months ago he got a Blackberry Curve. I'm fairly sure it's an 8330.

Around 3 or more months ago, the keys on the left hand side of the keyboard started to stop working. First it was only sometimes, but now they just don't work at all. He can't unlock the phone, answer a call, or use QAZWX or the space bar.

The keys don't even click when you press them. We've taken the front off and tried to type without the keypad (pressing the soft buttons underneath) and nothing.

The phone has never been submerged in water, or even had spillages near it. He kept it in the case whenever he wasn't using it. There's nothing wrong with the way the phone works apart from the keypad. I've googled and no one else seems to have had this problem which is strange...

The shop where he bought it said it could be sent off to be fixed but it would be gone 2 weeks. I was hoping I could find an alternative solution.

Any ideas?
    08-28-09 07:41 PM
    Was the device exposed to any moisture at all? Even a little bit?

Wet hands, wet hair, steamy bathroom, sweaty pocket?

These can cause keyboard issues.
    08-28-09 09:31 PM
    Not at all, that was the first thing we were asked. It just random stopped working.
    09-04-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD