I have the left side convenient button set to "Profiles", but when I press it, Profiles does come up, but the NAV also comes up in the background and once I close Profiles, NAV remains running. I have no desire for NAV to open when I press a side button. Any ideas on this issue?
    10-29-08 09:05 AM
    This is more "me too" than help, alas. I have my left button mapped to "Messages" and every now and then it will open the Phone Log instead. I don't know why.
    10-29-08 09:13 AM
    This is more "me too" than help, alas. I have my left button mapped to "Messages" and every now and then it will open the Phone Log instead. I don't know why.
    Is there ANYONE that can advise us on this issue?
    10-29-08 10:04 AM
    I'd wait a while before I got too antsy. Lot of threads to wade through, and I expect most of the folks savvy enough to know about this are at their day jobs.
    10-29-08 10:29 AM
    I have noticed on my 8310 that if I press and release the left key quickly my profiles will pop up. But if I press and hold the key then the phone log will pop up.

Try to press quickly and see if that works.
    10-29-08 12:14 PM
    I have a problem with the left convenience key--I have it set for Profiles, but when I push it, both Profiles AND Navigation pop up, with Profiles in front and Navigation in the background. CS could not help. Any ideas before I return the phone?
    10-30-08 09:05 AM
    I would just return it and get rid of the headache. you might try flashing a newer OS to solve your problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 10:43 AM
    Is there a new OS for ATT? If so, where do I get it and how do I install it?
    10-30-08 10:49 AM
    i'm not sure if there is an official 4.5 out from att but I think there is. just search the forums for os 4.5. I would help with a link but i'm on a treo which I hate and is incredibly slow. hurry up bold!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 11:15 AM
    AT&T is still officially at 4.2. If you want to upgrade you'll have to get it from elsewhere and delete the vendor.xml file to work.
    10-30-08 12:08 PM
    10-30-08 12:08 PM
    I have noticed on my 8310 that if I press and release the left key quickly my profiles will pop up. But if I press and hold the key then the phone log will pop up.

Try to press quickly and see if that works.
    Sorry to take so long to get back on this. I tried it, and when I press/release quickly the email app comes up like it should. When I press and hold nothing happens at all. I haven't been able to deliberately make the phone log come up, so I don't have a clue what might be a common cause.

For whatever it's worth, with the right key mapped to the browser: first time, browser pops up. Second time, it jumps to the bookmarks screen. Third/subsequent times, it tries to go to the URL in the dialog box.
    10-30-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD