I have my left conv. key programmed as my messages... I have noticed that if you press down firmly it will sometimes bring me into the call log instead of message center...

Anyone experience this???

(I find it ironic that the send key is located right above the left convenience key (sort of) and when pushed it takes you into call log.... )
    06-09-07 09:38 PM
    Same thing has happened to me a couple of times with the same setup you described. It's my first day with the device so it's not too irritating (yet)
    06-09-07 09:57 PM
    Interesting issue and annoying! i have my right conv. key set to messages and i haven"t experienced that at all. So it seems it"s related to that combinationI i have my left conv. key set to profiles.
    Did you try to assign the keys other controls? Any problems there?
    06-10-07 12:29 AM
    I actually did try changing the left key a couple times and left the camera which is the default as the right.... Still doing it..

Then..

i swapped the right and left conv keys (camera and messages)... and it still did it... switched them back, and now its not happening anymore... <<<WEIRD>>>
    06-10-07 07:38 PM
    Very weird! Must be an issue in the software since multiple users are having it. Hopefully it's been reported to RIM, and they should correct it in the next release of the O.S...
    06-10-07 09:03 PM
    Doesn't happen on mine and I'm running the O2 software. Maybe it's just in the ATT software.
    06-10-07 10:49 PM
    It is happening again.. I will be contacting RIM tomorrow... I am hoping this is not due to a poor build.. Just find it so strange that both keys are so close together...

ps
    I stopped in the store today and the same thing happened with the 8800.. I programmed it the way i have my curve and it did the same thing... Store was mobbed so i didnt stick around to talk to an assoiciate.. I will try the store as well tomorrow...
    06-10-07 11:45 PM
    Maybe the issue is more with what the key is 'actually' set to...
    06-11-07 06:39 AM
    To make a very long story short... AT&T has all there berries set up to have the left conv. key when held down, to go to the call log... WHy?? Since all you have to do is hit your send key, im not really sure.. I was told, blame the higher ups... But i am just going to have to except this fact... And press lightly on the key to get into my messages.

(i never want to look at this thread again) lol
    06-11-07 05:54 PM
    LMAO - am cracking up at your last message! You know you're going to come back here...

Anyway, yes it's weird that they default it to 'call log'. Nonetheless at least one can change it, albeit you have to press it 'softly'...
    06-11-07 06:20 PM
    I reprogrammed mine to bring up the phone profile (vibrate, quiet, normal, etc) and notice that if I just push the button it works fine...but if I push the thing hard it switches to the phone application (call log) and then up pops the profile window. Strange.
    06-12-07 05:02 PM
    Very strange how this only happens with the Curve. My 8800 does not do it.
    06-12-07 05:16 PM
    OK so i said i would never look at this thread again... i lied... It is not a matter of pressing the button (which is what i thought at first) you can do a light hold and it will bring you into the call log... Every single model blackberry on AT&T does this... 8100, 8800, etc etc... It is just how they have decided to program the devices... My TMO 8100 and 8800 did not do this, so when i first switched to AT&T i was a bit puzzled... (as you can see from the beginning of this god forsaken thread.. )
    06-13-07 11:59 AM
    Ah, so it's almost like you have TWO options for the convenience key! I don't understand why AT&T (Cingular) would offer this. What's the benefit?

ps: if you press the green send button, does it still take you to the 'call log' window?
    06-13-07 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD