I've had a BB 8310 handset replacement recently.

When I missed a call, or had a new text message, the LED "used to" blink RED until I checked on what I had missed.

Now, it only blinks red a few times and then goes back to GREEN.

Could there be something wrong?

Thanks,
    Stephanie
    07-08-08 11:17 AM
    what third party applications do you have installed?
    07-08-08 01:28 PM
    I think if you have the LED coverage indicator turned on, it will only blink red for a short time. I keep the coverage indicator off (it's bright enough to wake the dead!) and when I get a message it blinks red until I clear it.
    07-08-08 01:37 PM
    I think if you have the LED coverage indicator turned on, it will only blink red for a short time. I keep the coverage indicator off (it's bright enough to wake the dead!) and when I get a message it blinks red until I clear it.
    nice call. i thought the status lights are defaulted to "off" with a fresh OS.
    07-08-08 01:57 PM
    i heard somewhere that the red LED only blinks for 15 minutes and turns off to "save the battery"

... which makes no sense cuz after the 15 minutes you have to turn the screen on to check it anyways, but thats what i heard.
    07-08-08 01:57 PM
    Thanks for all the replies!

The only 3rd party apps I have are Google maps, and Opera mini. No games, or anything like that.

The only wallpapers & ringtones I have on here are from Crackberry.com only.
    07-09-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD