sigh...so i scratched my LCD, not the housing but the actual LCD, small scratch when i was screwdriving and replacing housing. any products or ideas on how to sort of make it fade?
    06-12-10 02:22 AM
    Not a whole lot you can do. I've heard of folks taking tube toothpaste and rubbing the scratch with a dab of it. It may lessen it some.
    06-12-10 08:28 AM
    You could get a new lcd screen and install it... other than that, I don't know what you can do. Sucks man, what device was it?
    06-12-10 02:56 PM
    8320 haha. I may just deal with the scratch until I upgrade, it is about time anyways. It is not so much that I worry about the phone but I just don't want to stare at the scratch everytime i am on my phone lol
    06-12-10 05:16 PM
    Someone posted this link in another site, $17.99 for a new LCD screen is pretty reasonable:

Blackberry Curve 8330 Parts
    06-13-10 03:44 PM
    Toothpaste has not worked for me.

DISPLEX - DISPLAY CARE & PROTECTION has not worked for me.

Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever doesn't fix the scratch but makes it invisible and prevents further damage.

Of course, replacing it, or the entire bezel if you're not into gluing stuff) would fix it too :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 06-13-10 at 05:51 PM.
    06-13-10 05:45 PM
    Not a dig at the op, but this is a perfect example of why I have had a screen guard on every Berry Ive owned since day one. I guess Im too OCD, but I cant stand scratches.
    06-13-10 07:10 PM
    The OP scratched the LCD display panel, not the lens on the housing. A screen guard would not have helped in this case.
    06-13-10 07:42 PM
    thanks everyone for the replies, i will try vaseline sometime in the future when i have time and report back with the results
    06-13-10 08:43 PM
    The OP scratched the LCD display panel, not the lens on the housing. A screen guard would not have helped in this case.

My bad. Interpreted "LCD" too loosely and didn't read carefully enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD