Where can one find the latest releases of OS for the Curve? Some sites can only post official ones..where are all the beta or unnoficial new one located at. I have searched and searched and only found other forums where people talk about having them but never directing you towards some. I would be thankfull if you guys can help me find them.
    11-03-08 02:01 AM
    We are not allowed to post links to Beta or unofficial releases here
    so you are going to have to keep searching. Nor can we tell you
    where to find them.

And honestly, there is no discernible differences between the last
    official releases and the new Beta versions anyway. So go with one
    of the official versions. It's not like you are going to be missing out
    on some cool new feature.
    11-03-08 03:04 AM
    Google it it'll be the first link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're not searching hard enough. Google.
    For all you 8330 addicts who need the newest OS fix.

<link removed> sorry. PM me

I installed 4.5.0.97 yesterday. The install went smoothly. The operation of the phone did not show any issues. It seems to be stable and some addicts are reporting the OS to be "snappier" that 4.5.0.77. Since snappier is not a scientific measurement, your mileage may vary.

Best of luck!
    11-03-08 05:45 AM
    So far the only issue I've had with 4.5.0.97 is that the backlight still brightens in bright light even though the option is turned off and the video flash doesn't work on auto anymore. Neither of those is a big deal and yes, its VERY snappy!
    11-03-08 03:03 PM
    Its suppose to brighten in bright light and the key board light is suppose to turn off. If the light dimmed in bright light the screen would look washed out from the sun, I remember people were wondering why the backlight turned brighter on Sidekick LX's when they first came out then we found out that the type of screen it used was the reason why same for the Curve

And yes it is a lot faster. I have more memory than before but it leaks a lot faster from 40 something all the way to 21 a lot sooner than my memory leak on .77

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 03:25 PM
    I'm noticing the leak too... Just got bad today. Went from 40 to 31 without doing much of anything.
    11-04-08 12:17 AM
    Hello,

I just upgraded to the official Verizon 4.5.077. At the end of the installation process, I got a warning that I had to restore some things. Now, when I try to connect to sync over my appointments and contacts, DM gives me a message that my device failed to connect.

Any ideas on how to fix this???
    11-04-08 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD