I wish i did a screen shot of it... It does not say which files are missing. I have deleted the OS, uninstalled it, and deleted all the files in it and redownloaded it from rim/ mirror sites/ and everywhere else you can think. so I have tried and I want to keep going with it but we will see. I honestly want it for her, her service is terrible wit data, so threaded sms for her would be nice... We will see.. I am gong to see about .230 and a hybrid... but i couldnt load just .230 either... ????
    Mkay, if you're having that much trouble, there must be another explanation. What PC OS are you using, DM revision and have you tried without removing anything but vendor.xml?
    01-29-10 08:22 PM
    Mkay, if you're having that much trouble, there must be another explanation. What PC OS are you using, DM revision and have you tried without removing anything but vendor.xml?
    what device are you trying to upgrade....it can only be an 8330....not an 8330m
    01-29-10 08:25 PM
    what device are you trying to upgrade....it can only be an 8330....not an 8330m
    aha... That is it... metro pcs has the 8330(m) variant ....lol thanks for the info... will the other os leak work? jeez, this is why I hate metro. she only has it becuase she can call home on it... ( ireland) ... oh well she is stuck in the stone age i suppose
    01-29-10 09:01 PM
    Anybody NOT experiencing a memory leak? Would really like to find a fix for this -- tried two wipes and reinstalls and memory still drops from 27MB to 8MB within about 4 hours.

APPS:
    GOogle Voice / Maps / Sync
    Plazmic Precision Theme
    BOlt Browser

I've tried just not installnig any apps, and Memory still drops...
    01-29-10 09:47 PM
    I know. Me too. I start with 16.9MB and after it fully loads, couple minutes, it is at 12.7MB. Then, after some use, it goes to 5.7MB. If I clean the memory with the memory shredder, it gains about 1MB-3MB.

There is a big leak with the Boost Mobile Official OS. How can the OS be official and released when it leaks so much? I mean, it's suppose to be able to maintain itself. Sometimes, the phone will just restart. What if it happens during an important call, while you are in a business meeting!
    I am not going to the 4.5 or whatever it was 4.7... because threaded SMS is just too good!
    But if this leak can be fixed, it would be great.

Anyone have any idea how to fix those memory leaks?
    01-29-10 10:14 PM
    Guys, with the reference to the leaks wait a day or so before you start bashing the os. It really can take a day or even longer to settle. IF you still are having trouble try a hybrid. but do a few bat pulls, and actually pull the bat out.. for at least 30 secs at that...
    01-29-10 10:27 PM
    I think if you're having memory issues, this may be the solution. It works, I've used it. They do have a private beta too, if you find you have some problems from the app.

BerryJoose - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    01-30-10 12:07 AM
    I posted earlier that my GPS wasn't working... well I got it working by doing a complete wipe and installing with shrink-os.

I would also recommend not restoring all your apps when you do the os install as you can have problems with the device running out of memory during the update.

hope that helps.

P.S.... this os is great!
    01-30-10 01:05 AM
    I posted earlier that my GPS wasn't working... well I got it working by doing a complete wipe and installing with shrink-os.

I would also recommend not restoring all your apps when you do the os install as you can have problems with the device running out of memory during the update.

hope that helps.

P.S.... this os is great!
    Now that is some fantastic news!
    01-30-10 02:25 AM
    So I decided to give this one a go. Installed on Sprint 8330. Installation went without a hitch. Once done, it automatically updated AppWorld,Facebook and Flikr.

I deleted a bunch of apps that I really don't use but the system is running VERY slow since the upgrade.

I constantly get the hour glass whenever I a do anything. Not sure why that is. Does someone have an explanation or solution for this?

Btw: GPS is working fine here.
    Ok. So I have the 8330m from Sprint and can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether or not I can upgrade it to 5.0. I have read that I can and I have read that I can't... Can someone please answer this question for me?

Frogbone - you said that you loaded 5.0 on your Sprint 8330. I am assuming it's an 8330m since that's all Sprint offers, correct? And it's working? Please let me know. I would love to try this, but obviously don't wanna break my phone in the process lol.

Thanks!
    01-30-10 09:50 AM
    works on bell curve 8330, internet runs just a little slow, curve to storm theme works, idk bout gps they suck on the curve anyways, 5.0 os kickash!
    01-30-10 10:16 AM
    As far as any questions go regarding an 8330m, NO it will NOT work on that model. This OS only works on a normal 8330. Also, sprint did sell the 8330 in the past, but now they almost exclusively sell the 8330m.

Now that that's outta the way, I have to say 5.0 has been working great on my VZW 8330 since I put it on last week. It did have its slow times during the first day or two, but patience prevailed, and all is well now. I deleted some useless apps like Facebook and the Bank of America and Crackberry launchers, and just saved the sites as bookmarks to clear space. After a battery pull, I load with about 31MB of space, and after a few days, still have memory in the mid 20's. Overall, I think it is a great upgrade from 4.5. Oh, and as far as GPS goes, I've never gotten mine to work, and it still doesn't. I only use Google Maps anyway so it doesn't bother me much. I'll wait till I can upgrade to a newer phone before I bother with GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 01:13 PM
    Oh, I almost forgot. Quickpull did NOT work for me after upgrading. Just gotta do it the old fashioned way now...

01-30-10 01:15 PM
    So I was effing around and bricked my blackberry, I installed the 4.5 OS and then updated it to the 5.0 and now the memory leak is gone. I"m thinking now a device wipe would have helped out the first time.
    A lot of apps are no longer compatible, so with just the basics I have about 20mb free and it has stayed pretty steady.
    I'm happy all over again...
    01-30-10 01:56 PM
    Quick update:
    After a day of running 5.0 on my Sprint 8330 (yes, it is NOT 8330m ! ), it seems like everything is working fine. My memory is hovering around 14MB and the phone has been on all day.

The only thing I dislike is the longer boot up when doing a battery pull but I can live with that.

Thumbs up for this OS from me !!
    01-30-10 04:46 PM
    That's odd frogbone, as my phone boots up much faster than before. Maybe it just takes some more time.

01-31-10 11:11 AM
    I installed it on my alltel/verizon 8330. I cleared out some unused apps prior to the install. I had 45mb before and now have about 24mb...didn't shrink the os. I don't use the gps so I can't comment. Browser speed is about the same but the interface is way better. Overall I like it better so far. The memory does bleed off a little but it seems to be slowing down after just 24hrs.
    01-31-10 02:01 PM
    i tried installing the os it only installs on my pc but not onto the phone itself. i did everything required as in deleting vendor.xml and runing loader. but for some reason it installed 4.5.0.175 when i ran desktop software. maybe i should download desktop 4.6 to see if it resolves
    02-01-10 10:03 AM
    Could someone give a nice summary of all the 'new features' in 5.0 vs 4.5? It would make determining whether or not to upgrade is desirable.

02-01-10 12:36 PM
    Could someone give a nice summary of all the 'new features' in 5.0 vs 4.5? It would make determining whether or not to upgrade is desirable.

Let me google that for you

02-01-10 12:39 PM
    i tried installing the os it only installs on my pc but not onto the phone itself. i did everything required as in deleting vendor.xml and runing loader. but for some reason it installed 4.5.0.175 when i ran desktop software. maybe i should download desktop 4.6 to see if it resolves
    Make sure you don't have more than one OS installed on your computer. Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and see if you have more than one Blackberry device software installed on your computer. If you do, uninstall all OS software except the 5.0 software.
    02-01-10 12:55 PM
    I've downloaded the OS 5.0 software for my 8330 several time. Everytime I go to look for it on my computer under the research in motion files it's not there. What am I doing wrong?
    02-01-10 02:28 PM
    I've downloaded the OS 5.0 software for my 8330 several time. Everytime I go to look for it on my computer under the research in motion files it's not there. What am I doing wrong?

Are you running the .exe file after the download is complete?
    02-01-10 03:08 PM
    I can't get quickpull to work after the upgrade but after a couple days the memory leak is almost non-existant.
    02-01-10 03:10 PM

+1
    Could someone put a succinct summary in this thread?!
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 02-01-10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Lowered my voice (I was shouting)
    02-01-10 05:24 PM
631 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD