..............well its on ebay UK so it must be true right LOL!

Item number 200234844280
    06-30-08 07:09 AM
    It's a SCAM!
    06-30-08 07:14 AM
    It's a SCAM!
    Checked his feedback no happy customers just yet!! doubt there will be either!!

Wonder if RIM would offer support LOL!
    06-30-08 07:17 AM
    holy crap. People like this have ruined eBay, I don't sell anymore because of the weasels that have moved in there.
    06-30-08 07:49 AM
    Checked his feedback no happy customers just yet!! doubt there will be either!!

Wonder if RIM would offer support LOL!
    Funny, I went to ebay.com, searched for the item number listed above and it returned the 4.5 upgrade. The seller has 99.3 positive out of 433 total and only 2 negative in the last 12 months. Maybe we looked at different sellers

I'm not saying to buy it ... especially considering that you can download it free. But ... I don't know ... whatever.
    06-30-08 08:22 AM
    I went to ebay and looked it up also - as noted in prior post, this guy seems to have a 93% positive rating. But I'm not especially excited by what he's offering. If you read the fine print on his listing, it says:

"4.5.0.42 is the version and although you might get newer version they will be beta!!!! this is a genuine release with no bugs."

06-30-08 08:48 AM
    cough cough BS!!! cough cough BS!!!!
    06-30-08 08:49 AM
    I would rather wait until September than blow some money to get a possible scam!!

And, in the meantime, my Beta versions satisfy my hunger
    06-30-08 08:51 AM
    Isn't what he doing illegal? For one .42 was beta and he claims something as big free which no one can say that. Also how can he sell something he doesn't own without eBay or rim getting on him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 03:15 PM
    WOW You've got to be kidding me. LOL I have the .42 release for every BB supported It came in an all or none torrent file how much you want to bet it's the exact same as what he's "selling".
    06-30-08 03:34 PM
    just wait it'll be free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 03:53 PM
    He says it has no bugs. I wonder what he/we know that we/he does not....?
    06-30-08 05:08 PM
    This is why I no longer buy and sell from ebay and recommend everyone to boycott them until such time as they adequately keep illegal activity off their service. They simply aren't trying hard enough. They need more staff or design into the system safeguards against copyright infringement and other illegal activity on their service. One such thing they could do is to set things up so that every auction has to be approved before it goes live. They could require some form of authentication to prove that copyrighted material sold is not pirated. I am sure that if I can think of things they can do and I don't even know their system that they are not doing a good enough job. They like any other big corporate entity care only for the bottom line and not for those hurt as a result of obtaining that bottom line.
    06-30-08 05:36 PM
    Did anyone report this to ebay? They seem to remove listing pretty quickly once reported. They just do a horrid job of self policing.
    06-30-08 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD