How to attach a lanyard on a BB Curve ? And what is the purpose of the two holes on the top of the phone ?
    04-13-08 11:56 AM
    The two holes are for the speaker & I'm not sure we can attach lanyards or phone charms to the 8310.

Wish we could though!
    04-13-08 12:02 PM
    You can do that to the Pearl but not the Curve unless you buy and add on case etc.. Yeah I believe that is for the speaker to breathe or for the sound to come out better.
    04-13-08 12:55 PM
    ooooh..thinking of hanging the curve ???
    04-13-08 01:05 PM
    I would never want to hang my curve from a lanyard around my neck. It would get too banged up doing that!
    04-13-08 01:08 PM
    It is possible to hang a lanyard (tho kind of an oxymoron if u ask me)...

Anyway, if u take of the battery covere and loop the lanyard thru the camara flash hole like u normally would, and then when putting the cover back on, run the lanyard thru the closest speaker opening, it'll work just fine (if u really must!)

E

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 03:07 PM
    puttin a lanyard on a 8310 is SUICIDE........
    04-13-08 07:49 PM
    You wanna hang the BB around your neck ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 08:10 PM
    Yes I'm used to carry my phones like that, before with my SonyEricsson W850i, It's cool for listening music, you can change track, volume easily. And lanyard It's pure European style
    04-13-08 11:09 PM
    Oh ! European style huh.
    Well you know most times the fashion statements starts in the East and then comes west
    04-14-08 06:57 AM
    It depends if you place USA on the center or not and the way you're going
    04-14-08 01:37 PM
    I wouldn't recommend attaching any lanyard to the BB itself. Yes, you can thread it through the flash and speaker holes - But now the shock and bumps of walking around are transfered directly to the battery door and its latch. I can't imagine either would last too long...

If you must have it teathered, I would recommend attaching the lanyard to a secure hard case (read that plastic) and placing your baby in the case. This way there are no shocks directly to the BB itself. You can attach the lanyard to the case by drilling a couple of small holes where desired, or you can hit your local camera shop and pick-up one of the adhesive based lanyards designed to keep you from losing your lens cap.

Just my .02 cents (0.0198 CDN)

Craig
    04-14-08 03:09 PM
    puttin a lanyard on a 8310 is SUICIDE........
    HOMICIDE, to be precise !
    04-14-08 06:12 PM
    since I place it in my shirt pocket for daily business use. It's more convenient than carrying it my pocket or wearing one of those belt clip gizmo's...

-- I'm reluctant to have it dangle freely while walking, etc
    -- So I use one of those flash drive lanyards in a small hole drilled in the cover near the top so the string exited through the center slot on top
    -- did same thing to Seidio battery door which has the extra speaker opening
    06-05-08 09:38 AM
    The two holes are for holster clip attaching.
    06-06-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD