Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a curve 8300. Everything works fine, but it just feels kind of laggy, like when I navigate around my menu. It's definitely not as smooth as when I tried the bold, which obviously should be faster due to the processor. I don't know if it is because I am using a older model, or because I don't have a media card installed (although I don't think that is the reason). I only installed some common apps (less than 10), and I don't have any music or pictures stored on the phone. any 8300 users experiencing the same issues? Thanks.
    04-15-09 03:02 PM
    yep, me too.
    04-15-09 03:37 PM
    That's the curve for ya. You get used to it eventually. Its the only thing that bothers me about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 04:38 PM
    That's the curve for ya. You get used to it eventually. Its the only thing that bothers me about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aww what a bummer. I got used to it but after I tried the bold I realized how laggy it was lol.
    04-15-09 04:45 PM
    Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a curve 8300. Everything works fine, but it just feels kind of laggy, like when I navigate around my menu. It's definitely not as smooth as when I tried the bold, which obviously should be faster due to the processor. I don't know if it is because I am using a older model, or because I don't have a media card installed (although I don't think that is the reason). I only installed some common apps (less than 10), and I don't have any music or pictures stored on the phone. any 8300 users experiencing the same issues? Thanks.
    Are you properly closing your apps..ie..bb button and then close or exit? If you just hit the back button on some apps it doesnt close it and it can run in the background. Now if you hold your back button down while in the App I believe it will close it properly. Someone correct me if Im wrong on that.
    04-15-09 04:52 PM
    10 apps is actually a lot on the 8300.. Under options- status, what is your file free..
    04-15-09 04:55 PM
    10 apps is actually a lot on the 8300.. Under options- status, what is your file free..
    Tae...can you tell me if Im correct about holding down the back button to properly close an App?
    04-15-09 05:07 PM
    It works for some, and for some it doesn't. You can test and see which ones by going into different apps and trying to close by holding down the back button and then holding alt and pressing back, to see if it closed.
    04-15-09 05:11 PM
    It works for some, and for some it doesn't. You can test and see which ones by going into different apps and trying to close by holding down the back button and then holding alt and pressing back, to see if it closed.
    Thanks Tae. Holding down the back button does work for some but not all my apps. I went in and opened them then held down the back button and then went in and saw that some were still running. When I had them open my file free was at 29mb...after closing using the bb button it went up to 34mb.
    04-15-09 05:27 PM
    Are you properly closing your apps..ie..bb button and then close or exit? If you just hit the back button on some apps it doesnt close it and it can run in the background. Now if you hold your back button down while in the App I believe it will close it properly. Someone correct me if Im wrong on that.
    Ohhh.. I've always hit the back button. Let me try closing it properly to see if it helps. Thanks!
    04-15-09 05:49 PM
    Okay I just rebooted my phone and checked... I have about 10mb free. Is that low?
    04-15-09 05:57 PM
    Yes that is low. You need to have at least 12mb of free memory.
    04-15-09 05:58 PM
    Yes that is low. You need to have at least 12mb of free memory.
    I barely have any apps though. What do you suggest I do?
    04-15-09 06:07 PM
    try following the link in my sig.. "Free up memory"
    04-15-09 06:15 PM
    Will do. Thanks!
    04-15-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD