had a similar experience myself with a different issue, they do all they can to help you, one of the many reasons i love tmobile, customer service is what i look for when buying products, just to show, i have samsung in house for almost all my electronics, because they have excelent customer service...try that with sony....lol....I GIVE KUDO'S AS WELL TO T MOBILE....
    10-29-08 11:27 AM
    Glad you're back up and running.
    You should always do that after a update. If you watch the first thing during an update it says "turning off radio" also just before launching the update it tells you will have to reregister with the network when complete. Registering the HRT refreshes your connection puts you back on the network and sends your non e-mail service books.
    10-29-08 11:32 AM
    Man was that lady patient !!

I had down loaded the new 4.5 OS for my Curve (8320) twice. Each time just about all was cool....but....I had lost my MyFav Icons. GONE.

For some that isnt a big whoop, but it bugged me to no end. So, I called TMO BB support and got a lady that wasnt quite sure what to do but worked with me and got it figured out.

Bottom line....if you do the new 4.5 and lose your icons too....and want them back....do this..........

Click on OPTIONS (wrench) then click on ADVANCED OPTIONS, then click on HOST ROUTING TABLE. You should see a pretty good list.

Then click on the button to the left of the roller ball and bring up the menu that says......VIEW..REGISTER NOW....CLOSE.

Select REGISTER NOW and after a few seconds you should be good. Then click on one of your Fav 5's and you get the menu that says Call, Send Email and so on. Click the left button again. and select EDIT CONTACT.

Where it says ICON....click there and you should now get your set of icons back again.

Beats the heck out of me why it works...but it does...and that is enuf !!

Thanks TMO lady!!

Man was that lady patient !!

I had down loaded the new 4.5 OS for my Curve (8320) twice. Each time just about all was cool....but....I had lost my MyFav Icons. GONE.

For some that isnt a big whoop, but it bugged me to no end. So, I called TMO BB support and got a lady that wasnt quite sure what to do but worked with me and got it figured out.

Bottom line....if you do the new 4.5 and lose your icons too....and want them back....do this..........

Click on OPTIONS (wrench) then click on ADVANCED OPTIONS, then click on HOST ROUTING TABLE. You should see a pretty good list.

Then click on the button to the left of the roller ball and bring up the menu that says......VIEW..REGISTER NOW....CLOSE.

Select REGISTER NOW and after a few seconds you should be good. Then click on one of your Fav 5's and you get the menu that says Call, Send Email and so on. Click the left button again. and select EDIT CONTACT.

Where it says ICON....click there and you should now get your set of icons back again.

Beats the heck out of me why it works...but it does...and that is enuf !!

Thanks TMO lady!!

Glad you're back up and running.
    You should always do that after a update. If you watch the first thing during an update it says "turning off radio" also just before launching the update it tells you will have to reregister with the network when complete. Registering the HRT refreshes your connection puts you back on the network and sends your non e-mail service books.
    I did re-register each time. Made phone calls...did email...yada yada. But it worked with her. Kind of like the dang pc wont do what it is suppose to do until the IT gal is standing behind you at work. Know what I mean!?
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-29-08 at 08:05 PM.
    10-29-08 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD