is there a way to have pw enabled on the 8320 if you only manually lock the keypad???

sometimes it gets a lil annoying to have to put in the pw everytime. what i want to do is i don't want the phone to auto lock. but when i do lock the keypad i want it to ask for pw
    03-15-08 11:25 AM
    Hey there..

Go to..
    - options
    - security options
    - general settings
    - go to password
    - where it says enable, highlight to where is says disable
    - save
    (it should ask you for password one more time to enable the password)

Now you should have the option to use your bb without entering a pw everytime..

Hope this works
    03-15-08 01:32 PM
    Hey there..

Go to..
    - options
    - security options
    - general settings
    - go to password
    - where it says enable, highlight to where is says disable
    - save
    (it should ask you for password one more time to enable the password)

Now you should have the option to use your bb without entering a pw everytime..

Hope this works

thats not what i wanted to do. I want the phone to ask for pw if its lock(for security). but what i dont want to do is auto lock when in holster.
    cuz when i use my phone as a "gps"(google map) device. I hate it when my phone auto locks. its just a lil difficult typing when im driving.

the only way i solved this is to enable pw, and have the security timeout after >30mins of no activity. and if i want to lock i just use the right button as a shortcut for keypad lock.

BTW google maps IS pretty decent. the "my location" follows the device with every move. although not as accurate, still useable.
    03-15-08 01:59 PM
    Did you happen to see the setting that says "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" under the same General Options?
    03-15-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD