Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Keypad Lock/Unlock Help

Strange issue has been occurring with a family member's 8830. Basically when the keypad is locked by pushing [alt + enter] and then unlocked by pushing
    [* + send key] , the phone screen basically opens the last program that was highlighted prior to the phone being locked.

However, when the phone is locked simply by choosing the Lock Icon and then unlocked with the [* + send key] the normal home screen appears...

Can someone please help with this ???
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts

I tested what you stated on my curve, and your correct if i'm icons screen (all icons) and then hit [alt+enter] it'll lock then when i unlock it, it returns to that screen, but then if i go to my main screen and hit the lock icon then unlock it, it returns to that main screen as well but forgive me I'm failing to see how this is causing a problem for you, it's just like putting your computer in sleep mode, whatever screen your on when u put it into sleep it returns to...
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

on the phone, basically what is happening is that regardless of the fact that im on the home screen, lets say my toggle is on the message icon, when i lock the phone and unlock it using the keypad method once the phone is unlocked it will actually open the messages. and not just show the home screen...

Does that make sense??
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts

Makes perfect sense, it retains the memory of where you were on your device...but if you were on the message icon, then lock it and THEN when you unlock it, it opens the messages that don't make sense....my curve simply returns back to the messages icon.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-01-2007 at 12:17 PM.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Any idea how i could prevent it from actually opening the icons?

Its very strange because if i unlock it after clicking on the LOCK icon, as opposed to the keypad [alt +enter] everything is fine and it doesnt open the icons
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts

Sorry, I do not, this one has me stumped for an answer

CrackBerry Newbie

Mine has this same problem. The odd thing is that everything worked fine for the first month that I had the phone. Now all of a sudden it does this annoying thing!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Anyone have a solution for this?
    CrackBerry User

do you use the PTT (left) button? (im on att, not sure if verizon uses exact same model)

i used it as my quick short cut to lock key pad. doesnt have that open last application effect
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher11 View Post
    do you use the PTT (left) button? (im on att, not sure if verizon uses exact same model)

i used it as my quick short cut to lock key pad. doesnt have that open last application effect
    I have AT&T, as well. I have the left button programmed as a shortcut to the internet. But I've always had it programmed that way and only recently has this annoying problem started happening.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same problem

I am REALLY new with my blackberry...but i am having the same problem...only with my send key. after i lock and unlock my phone, it reverts back to the screen before i locked it (ie. displays the old time) My issue is i can't figure out how to get the send key to go back to just showing my call log. the same thing happens for the number keys (instead of just allowing me to dial a number)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

This issue is definately related to the 8800 series. I have an 8820 from work i just tried it right now and it does open up an icon that was highlighted before i locked the keypad. On my curve, again i just tried it now, it does not open up the icon that was last highlighted before the keypad is locked.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

i just had the same thing happen to me today. i locked my phone this morning. unlocked it just a few minutes ago, hit Send, and all that happened is the time changed to 7:50. i scrolled and pressed buttons, but nothing happened. in the end i had to hit End. the time changed back to current, but the call log wouldn't come up.

weird.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu262 View Post
    I am REALLY new with my blackberry...but i am having the same problem...only with my send key. after i lock and unlock my phone, it reverts back to the screen before i locked it (ie. displays the old time) My issue is i can't figure out how to get the send key to go back to just showing my call log. the same thing happens for the number keys (instead of just allowing me to dial a number)
    CrackBerry User

how annoying would it be if you were over the lock icon, so everytime you locked it, you had to unlock it twice...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Additional Insight

Actually, I am using the blackberry 8820.
    Were you able to resolve this issue?

In any case, I have some additional insight to offer.

when locking the phone, if the "Alt" key is held down while the "Enter" key is pressed, the problem DOES NOT occur.

However, if you press the "Alt" key and then the "Enter" key when locking (a two key-stroke process opposed to one simultaneous stroke sequence), the problem appears.

The bug is still present regardless; however, it is interesting that it only occurs under this particular scenario.
    CrackBerry Newbie

excellent discovery gideon (works the same on my 8310)...It's starting to sound more like a feature than a bug...
    CrackBerry Newbie

i want my BB8830 keypad lock automatically after certain time period like 5-10 seconds if handset remain ideal for that time. is it possible send reply to abhaykotadia@hotmail.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    PIN
    2473385A

Have you looked at AutoStandby?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJunkie View Post
    Have you looked at AutoStandby?
    AutoStandby $5 of must have sofware. Right here in the CrackBerry store.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default help!!!!

my brother tryed to get into my phone typed randomn passwords more then 6 times and i cant get bk into my phone i have to attempts how do i get bk in my phone without blocking the whole fone? password no longer comes in stars jus letters and number and letterss... can somebody help me unlock my phone plez...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

He probably changed the password. There is no way to get into the phone unless you guess the new password. The only thing you can do is type in words until the phone wipes itself, and restore from a backup. Hope you backed up your phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Lock Unlock Keypad

Twice now, my BB Storm has switched from the phone keypad to the typing keypad after it is locked. I cannot open the phone now since one of the keys that I used is not a letter. Any ideas on how to switch from keypad to keypad when the device is locked? How did I switch it? How do I use the phone now?

Confused!