--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i have a bb 8310.

i have a different version of the keyboard ( my q is in the place of a, and wise versa, with the alphabet z, and w). can i change my keyboard to the normal one, and how much would it cost me around, and also how would i do it?
    09-01-09 10:47 AM
    Check out cnn.cn or gsm4world. They have keyboards, and a few different colors available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 11:21 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i have a bb 8310.

and also how would i do it?
    There is a walk-thru at the top of the 83xx forum page, explaining how to take your curve apart. This is how you change your keypad.
    09-01-09 01:51 PM

hi, i have a bb 8310.

i have a different version of the keyboard ( my q is in the place of a, and wise versa, with the alphabet z, and w). can i change my keyboard to the normal one, and how much would it cost me around, and also how would i do it?
    So the top left side of your keypad doesn't spell QWERTY, but AZERTY?

I've never heard of a keypad like that.
    09-01-09 02:27 PM
    There is a walk-thru at the top of the 83xx forum page, explaining how to take your curve apart.
    Where?
    09-01-09 02:28 PM
    So the top left side of your keypad doesn't spell QWERTY, but AZERTY?

I've never heard of a keypad like that.
    AZERTY keyboards are used in French-speaking countries.
    09-01-09 02:44 PM
    But surely if you just change the keyboard the when you press the new Q key, you'll still get A...? And Z when you press your nice new W key...? Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 03:16 PM
    Changing the keyboard will not change what the keys do. So like DD1968 said, you press Q on the new keyboard and you'll get an A.

Either learn to love the French version of the keyboard or get a new device I'm afraid. Unless there is some way to change the OS to make it work like a North American keyboard.
    09-01-09 03:24 PM
    I know upon initialization you can choose to remove languages not needed.
    I wonder if this has any effect on the keyboard layout...thoughts?
    09-01-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD