So my trackball got messed up and I had to get a new one.

I get the new one in today, I put it in my phone.

Before I got the new ball, I was using tape to hold the old one in so I could still use my phone.

Well the tape left the screen and a couple of the keys sticky so I got a q-tip dipped in alcohol to rub it on the screen, it wasn't even enough to drip off the q-tip.

Well the track ball HAD been working fine until I cleaned the screen and the couple of keys...

Now it will type...but for every key I press, it types in two ** (because this is the password thing you have to unlock) and it won't let me enter it in to accept the password or anything.

All it will do is keep typing on the password until it's full, then it waits until it resets the password box and when I try it again, it does the same thing.

Any suggestions/help/advice?
    03-23-09 05:20 PM
    sounds like water damage, or a battery pull for good measure.
    03-23-09 05:32 PM
    That doesn't really help me...

That just tells me what you think it is.....
    03-23-09 09:20 PM
    To an extent he did offer some help, suggested a battery pull.
    03-23-09 09:22 PM
    To an extent he did offer some help, suggested a battery pull.
    True, yes, but that didn't work....

so

any other suggestions perhaps?
    03-23-09 09:29 PM
    Well it's obviously a keyboard problem. How good are you at taking the phone apart? I would take it to the store first of all, see if they can do anything. If not I would try taking the keyboard out and putting it back in. This is what I, myself would do. I have no idea the damage that could be caused so it would be a last resort on the verge of buying a new phone.
    03-23-09 09:35 PM
    Definitely sounds like moisture damage. Either replace the keyboard or replace the device.
    03-23-09 10:07 PM
    I agree with Back-Space & Motorcycle Mama, just buy a new keyboard, or keyboard & housing kit, and try changing them. While you have the phone open, check for water damage...

Best Of Luck

-TBrenn
    03-24-09 02:51 AM
    If it is moisture causing the problem, you can put the BB in a sealed bag of uncooked rice to draw out the moisture. Take out the battery.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 03:14 AM
    1) how old is the device

2) With no water damage? Maybe some soda got splashed in the and sugar is causing stickiness.

3) Have you had the device housing opened ever?
    03-24-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD