I have had a blackberry curve 8320 for a while now and about 10 minutes ago i ran into a problem.

out of nowhere, the keyboard started acting really strange.
    I press the menu key and it says i pressed the Y button. i press the center trackball and it thinks i press the U and O buttons. when i press O it thinks i pressed a U and when i press U its U and O again.

the P button also read U and O.

i don't understand whats going on and it very frustrating. I already tried a battery pull and it didn't work..

thanks in advance!
    06-22-09 07:39 PM
    Did you expose it to any moisture, by chance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 07:42 PM
    drop it 3 feet
    06-22-09 07:44 PM
    well now that i think about it i did spill some tea on it. but it was at the very bottom and it was just on the outside..

the only problem is with the top line of the keyboard :[
    06-22-09 07:46 PM
    The same thing happened to me. The best thing you can do is pull the battery out and put a rag on the keyboard and slid it across the keys with enough pressure so the keys are pushed in. I did this and over time the moisture leaves and the keyboard works better. Personally though I ended up exchanging it because it just wasnt the same.
    06-22-09 08:07 PM
    drop it 4 feet
    06-22-09 08:09 PM
    ohhkayy good ideaa. ill try it, but if it doesnt work ill just try to get another one:/

thaanks:]
    06-22-09 08:14 PM
    hahahaxD
    ...i feel like im goingggg to though because it's so frustratingg.

buut im not gonna drop it
    06-22-09 08:14 PM
    I was just reading in another forum that you should out the phone in a bag of rice overnight or all day is even better and the rice will draw out the moisture. Might as well try it.
    06-22-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD