I'm using BB Curve 8320.

My keyboard keys and trackball do not light up. Not at night, not ever. When I go to screen/keyboard options the only type of light I can edit or adjust is the screen backlight.

I've read about how to cover the sensor near the led but I don't even see the sensor. And what would that matter since its already dark and its not working?

To note, I just got this BB from my mom a few days ago and the keyboard light hasn't worked since I've had it and I haven't asked her about it. Although, there was one time randomly during the day the keys lit up and the trackball, so I know the light works...

Is there an option menu I can go to? Its frustrating typing this out at night and same with texts.

Thanks!
    -Rich
    01-25-10 02:51 AM
    Do you know about a battery pull? With the power on, take the battery out, wait at least 30 seconds, then reinstall the battery. This will reset your BB.

When you reinstall the battery, the BB will boot up, look for the trackball and keyboard backlights. The light sensor is inside the LED window. Cover the LED window, and the backlight should dim.
    01-25-10 04:50 AM
    Of course I did a battery pull. That's the obvious and first step to do whena problem or bug appears.

Well I know what the problem is. Its the actual light and connection of the battery and light, it must be loose. Because when I pinch or mess around with the bottom of my phone just under my keys(where there seems to be a piece that could disasswmble from the phone), the light comes on and stays on when I hold it tight, and it flickers and flashes when I fiddle with it.

Would it be a good idea to disassemble my whole BB to see if I can fix in the problem inside? Or is that a bad idea? (I don't think I can return it, its my moms old phone, I don't know how long she has had it for).

Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD