Ok, so I have a Curve 8310. A few days ago, to be blunt, my dog puked all over it. I immediately snatched the battery out and wiped the exterior down to get well, the puke, off of the keyboard and trackball. While the battery was out, I pulled the trackball and wiped it down. At the time, I was not educated enough on how to break the entire thing down.

So, a few days of just letting it sit out in the air, I put the battery back in and it came up with no problems. Or so I thought. I soon found out that the about half of the keyboard (from W to about Y) did not work. Nor did the trackball click on things when pushed (it still scrolled, though).

So, earlier today I found the video of how to strip it down, and I did. Under the actual keyboard (between the plastic and what looked to be the motherboard) there was a lot of sticky stuff, obviously not supposed to be there. I got an alcohol pad and let it dry out to where it was barely wet and wiped the white part under the plastic part (the part that could not be removed from the motherboard). I made sure that is all dry by leaving it out an hour and when I bring it back up, a lot more of the keys worked, but the trackball still didn't click and a bunch of random keys throughout still didn't work. (mainly E, R, U, I, O and a few more below the first row)

Any more suggestions? Should I go back and clean those specific keys? And what about the trackball? I doubt it's the actual thing, so did I mess up the sensor?

Thanks
    12-03-08 08:26 PM
    Id just call for a replacement honestly.
    12-03-08 08:29 PM
    Hopefully you have insurance. I don't think an upchucking dog is
    covered by the warranty.
    12-03-08 08:37 PM
    This would be where I said I spilled something on it, not my dog vomitted LOL kinda like.. my dog ate my homework LOL

Good luck
    12-03-08 08:41 PM
    Well I def. would not tell them he puked on it... The little square on the back that indicates water damage is still white.. so I think I am going to just call and get it replaced. I'm still under warranty... and this is actually my second one, too.. Oh well.

Thanks for the comments, though. I'd hoped that there was something to do since the keyboard wasn't short circuiting (like pressing J produce IK) it's just unresponsive. I actually took it all apart again today and cleaned again and I got my E back, but lost my A and A is very frustrating to lose coming out of a keylock, haha..

But yeah.. thanks anyway. I'm still open to any more suggestions, though.
    12-03-08 08:50 PM
    Yeh, you will just be in that unknown cycle each time you clean, if I clean I will k still work? etc, it could be a never ending battle, id quit and see about the replacement.

PS - I hope your dog is feelin better LOL
    12-03-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD