After a night of dancing, my 8310 does not respond to keyboard inputs anymore. Basically, when I press any key the screen does not come on. Taking the battery out and back in doesn't do anything to fix the issue, I get a quick flash of my home screen and then it goes dark, never to return again.

This has happened with 2 different Curve phones and I'm about ready to give up on Blackberry for now. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what did you do to fix it? I should mention that taking the phone back isn't really an option right now as I'm overseas with a US phone.
    11-20-08 06:43 AM
    Hello,
    You said ""After a night of dancing," Was the phone dropped? BB's have more 'technology' than cheap flip phones, hence more care is needed.

If it is under warranty, you can get it replaced of course (they have a 1 year warranty). I have a leather case for mine which protects it even if I drop it (dropped it a few time than a few and no problems.

Take it to the store where you purchased it and have them look at it. Chances are of keyboard is not working and you have tried normal things such as taking battery out of phone for 30 seconds to clear memory ect, you will need a new phone.

Best of luck.

Mike
    11-20-08 07:16 AM
    Was the phone in your pocket while you were out dancing? Were you sweating heavily which would have exposed the keyboard to moisture?

The keyboards are very sensitive to moisture.
    11-20-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD