I have a verizon curve 8300. Today it worked fine, until I picked it up, and could not get the screen to come out of standby. I plugged it in, thinking the battery died. The screen lit up, emails came in, but no keys would work. The trackball would glide up and down, and highlight items, but I could not get any response to any keys. A call came in, but I could not accept it.

I use the iberry blocks theme, and noticed the Lock icon on the main row of icons. I never lock the phone. Then I tried google for ideas, no go. I did a quick search here, but I ran out of time. Using desktop manager, I backed it up and took it to verizon.

they were stymied. Pulling the battery, nothing worked. They couldn't even wipe the phone because no keys were working. They gave me a new one.

Anyone else have this? All they said was don't use that theme again, but I am not sure that was the problem. I did upgrade to the 4.5 os last week after the browser disappeared.

any ideas?

J
    01-08-09 07:09 PM
    This is the second post in two days with an issue with that theme, that theme does have other issues, a user yesterdays, time would reset.
    01-08-09 07:12 PM
    thanks. Is there a a good theme that is more stable? I like the look of the iberry, but am leery of putting stuff back on.

J
    01-08-09 07:19 PM
    I think someone posted today a berry block one, the iberry theme is the only one Ive seen people have funky issues with.
    01-08-09 07:20 PM
    Definitley get rid of that theme...
    01-08-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD