it works when i do a battery pull. and it sometimes work after i unlock it. what could this be. but most of the time it will not light up.
    01-04-09 04:59 PM
    Put your thumb over the LED, does it light up?
    01-04-09 05:27 PM
    I never knew it was the led. I would just place my hand over the top of the device to get the keyboard to light back up. Guess that's why it was hit or miss for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 05:31 PM
    i put my hand over the led and nothing. but like i said when i do a battery pull it works when everything loads up. then nothing. sometimes it works sometimes it dont.
    01-04-09 05:35 PM
    Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard > Auto Dim Backlight. Verify it is set to On. If it is, then there is most likely a software conflict. You could possibly resolve it by reloading the OS.
    01-04-09 05:45 PM
    Mine does this from time to time. I figure often it has to do with the amount of light in a room and is not always necessary to light the keyboard. But if it is doing it it almost total darkness then there would seem to be a problem. Check settings and try hard reset like others have mentioned.
    01-04-09 06:09 PM
    Its becuz there is a photocell built in. When it senses adequet light it turns of kb light and dimms lcd to save battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD