So i was tooling around the internet today and found this site. I'm hoping somebody can provide me some info. My curve is over a yr old and it just started doing funky ish on the keyboard. First off i won't be able to unlock the keypad i will have to pull the battery. then the menu button will bring up the call list and automatically type a letter Y. if i try to text somebody its even worse, the letter T will come out as a YI and the letter D and S will do the same. If i leave it alone for a while it will go away. I've been to 3 different trash mobile stores and the help i get there is completely useless
    11-20-08 10:02 AM
    It sounds like it might be more of a hardware issue as opposed to a software issue. If you have insurance on the phone, they may be able to either repair or replace the phone with a refurb. If you are mechanically inclined, as I might assume from your screenname, you can take the curve apart and see if it is just dust or misaligned keys on the circuit board. If you aren't comfortable doing that, you could bring it to a repair shop, Google will help on that, and have them take a look at it.

The Stores are full of sales people with just enough knowledge to sell the products that they have, but not enough to troubleshoot their way out of a wet paper bag.

Hope that was helpful.
    11-20-08 11:09 AM
    yeah i can take it apart no problem! no i don't have insurance because the only one they offered covered theft only and nothing else. i would need a police report for them to give a "new" refurbished phone. i just found thru this site another site with new parts for this thing i'm pretty excited. going to order some new covers, screen, keys and trackball.....the old curve needs a rebuild
    11-20-08 11:40 AM
    Good luck on your adventure into rebuilding the Crackberry.
    11-20-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD