Hello,

As I understand it, Blackberry has upgraded its BIS service to the new 2.6 version. This new version is supposed to connect to Gmail via their IMAP service, correct?

I have three Gmail accounts set-up on my BB last July using POP, but I also set-up another Gmail account via IMAP several weeks ago using gmail's IMAP instructions (which by the way are no longer listed on gmail's help page). The new Gmail account set-up using IMAP is working fine (has the read/unread option -- but it does have a bit of a delay sometimes).

My question is -- what about the other gmail accounts? They still do not have the read/unread option. Do I have to delete the account and then set it up again? IF SO, how do I keep all the messages on the BB? I need those messages to be on the BB.

Thanks for your help and clarification on this confusing issue.
    03-24-09 11:27 AM
    I would think you'd have to go through the IMAP directions for each one (though I've never done). To keep your messages, do a backup through DM.
    03-24-09 11:29 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, in order to back up the messages, would I have to mark all as new/unread? Then, how do I get them back on the BB?

Thanks,
    03-24-09 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, in order to back up the messages, would I have to mark all as new/unread? Then, how do I get them back on the BB?

Thanks,
    Backup thru dm. In the backup page go to advanced. Then on the right scroll down to messages. Click it and click the << button. The save that file somewhere.

Next, delete and setup the gmail accts again.

When that's done, go to dm>advanced>open that file and click msgs and then >>

This SHOULD do it. I didn't do this myself so I dunno for sure. Anyone else who finds this to be a bad way to go, feel free to correct me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD