i know that i have to keep all my apps closed, or make sure to close them, so that my blackberry will run smoothly. but how does someone know which apps are running if they arent in the foreground? is there a way close everything? thanks for the help.
    ps. i have a gps in my curve but i dont wanna pay for telenav, is there something out there that uses my gps for free?
    11-30-08 03:40 PM
    Hold down your alt key and press your return key - the one to the right of your trackball. A box will open and show your open apps. There are 5 or 6 always open. Then click on the ones that should be closed, press your menu key and select close to close them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 03:46 PM
    The ones always in the box as open are phone, browser, iM programs like bbm, mail folder, and home page - and My faves for TMo.

11-30-08 03:49 PM
    ok, ive tried everything you said, and when i check the apps they are still open, do some always stay open?
    11-30-08 03:52 PM
    You should only have the 5 mentioned above, unless you install
    something that must be open to work such as VibandRing, BBLight,
    data traffic monitors, etc... and those usually have a way to close/
    deactivate them.

Other than the 5 normal ones what else do you have showing as open.
    11-30-08 04:13 PM
    AG, I think installed IM apps show there, too. I have AiM in my box as well as bbm. I also think the OP missed that I said 5 are always open.

11-30-08 04:51 PM
    Never mind hahaha , I needed to log out to get AIM to close and disappear from my list.

11-30-08 04:56 PM
    Just to note, you can close MOST apps by using the escape (arrow) key, while the end (red phone) key will only send them to the background. This doesn't work for "now playing" songs, AIM, or Viigo, though.
    11-30-08 05:14 PM
    Just to note, you can close MOST apps by using the escape (arrow) key, while the end (red phone) key will only send them to the background. This doesn't work for "now playing" songs, AIM, or Viigo, though.
    This doesn't seem to work for most of the apps I try. If I use the back arrow, it never seems to close the app. I end up having to go through the menu/close keys every time.
    11-30-08 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD