I am trying to separate out Voice mail from SMS messages. I have email and SMS separated. If someone texts me, I get the SMS alert, if someone leaves me VM, I get the same alert.

I get a lot of SMS and email and voice mails and it get's a little hectic trying to keep them all straight.

Any suggestions?
    11-13-08 09:02 AM
    You cant seperate the VM from the SMS, thats where they will go.

I think this is provider relateed, I dont know, I know myself, I do not get SMS VM notifications, and I have a buddy on verizon, who also does not, I want to say Alltell people do get the same as you.

I really dont know
    11-13-08 09:30 AM
    I would get them when I was on Sprint I think, it's been a while since I used them and I was on a Treo 650 then. It's definitely provider-related as they're the ones sending you the SMS message when you receive a voicemail. I would contact them (during the day so there's less chance of you getting someone overseas) and see if there's a way to just disable that since your phone should display an alert when you have a VM waiting anyway.
    11-13-08 10:29 AM
    I had a Treo 700P and that OS handled the SMS messages in a more organized fashion, separate from Emails. I think the SMS/MMS area needs work from the BB development team, so they are in a separate area (why have they not figured this out yet??), so that SMS's are organized by who sent and your reply in a 'thread' type format.
    11-13-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD