Just had my old pearl upgraded to an 8310. The first one i got had a hardware fault where it would randomly re-boot, this was rather annoying when in the middle of a call.

Took it back under and got it swapped out as DOA. The new curve is now working great. Just put OS 4.5 and the 8900 Replica theme on it - looks sweet!

Huge improvement over my 8110. GPS locks on much faster, bigger screen and full keyboard is much much better.

Question though - there is no BB Messenger installed on my curve. Its not hidden or anything, just not installed. Any idea how i can get this?
    03-10-09 06:03 AM
    This happened to me the first time I upgraded my OS, I thought it was gone. You can get it back through the Application Loader in DM. Just put a check next to it and load it up.
    03-10-09 06:07 AM
    Thanks doc, i'll give it a shot..
    03-10-09 06:12 AM
    Thanks doc, i'll give it a shot..
    No problem, that should do the trick, if not, we'll see if there's any other way but that should do it.

BTW, I liked that theme as well. I had a 8900 replica from tom1l21 and another 8900 replica from maxiang, both excellent themes.
    03-10-09 06:31 AM
    No problem, that should do the trick, if not, we'll see if there's any other way but that should do it.
    Yep, that did the trick, BB Messenger was unticked, ticked it and it installed

BTW, I liked that theme as well. I had a 8900 replica from tom1l21 and another 8900 replica from maxiang, both excellent themes.
    I'm using one from BNS Designs. Cost me $7 from the CB store but very happy with it.

Thanks again for your help.
    03-10-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD