I have a bb 8310 and i wus having memory problems and a slow berry so i decided to update the OS to the same one ( the original that came with the phone). The whole process went smoothly and its running faster and i got 23MB free memory now which is better than 10MB that i had before. the only problem is when im running my browser im getting an hourglasses periodically and for somereason wont let me get into crackberry.com n some other sites for example. ne suggestions
    08-07-08 12:51 PM
    are you using the wap site of CB at wap.crackberry.com?
    08-07-08 12:55 PM
    Yea that worked. So the hourglass and not being able to get into sites could be that I'm not using the right url for mobile sites?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 03:04 PM
    yeh meaning it's doing a lot of continuous loading that it doesn't need to be doing, try using mobile sites when possible
    08-10-08 02:23 AM
    Congrats on the OS upgrade.

08-10-08 02:24 AM
    Yeah, definitely used mobile optimized sites when possible!!

Your load times will be quicker and you will have a better overall experience on a mobile or WAP site! Since they are designed for mobile devices, the navigation and layout is a lot easier to use!
    08-10-08 02:58 PM
    yea im getting the hang of it. i got 23 MB free memory and running strong. andy idea when the official relase of the new OS is coming out?
    08-10-08 04:19 PM
    yea im getting the hang of it. i got 23 MB free memory and running strong. andy idea when the official relase of the new OS is coming out?
    Nope... sometime within the next couple of months, I assume!

It should not be too long off, but you never know what the priorities are right now. And 23Mb file free is a nice solid place to be at!
    08-10-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD