Blackberry Curve 8310 | Network at&t | Unlocked Online |02 Sim Card Inserted |Phone Now Says 'SIM Card Rejected

Hiya, I Just bought a Blackburry Curve 8310 locked to the Network at&t
    This Phone Came from America (I live in Northern Ireland - UK) So I knew before it arrived to that i would have to get it unlocked to a different network.
    So Today i put in the 02 Sim Card that i was planning to use and Bought my unlock code online from 'unlockdata'

I followed the Instructions
    Options
    Advanced Options
    SIM Card
    Typed MEPD
    Personalisation MEP
    Pressed the ALT Key and then 2
    Was asked for the Network MEP Code
    Unlock data gave me a 16 digit code, this was what it sais
    UNLOCK CODES(s): **************** (For T-mobile UK try last code first)

So i typed in the 16 digit code and it then said Code Accepted
    I was then instricted to turn the Phone Off and On
    Once i did that on the homepage it now says SIM Card Rejected

I dont understand what i done wrong so if anyone could help me it would be muchly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by tracy00; 08-30-09 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Missed some Info
    08-30-09 08:24 AM
    Try taking out the battery and sim card. Sometimes it just doesn't read right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:32 AM
    Thankyou for replying. I Took out the Battery And Sim card Twice But still no change.
    One thing i was wondering was on Unlock Data There was only 1 Unlock Code to choose from and it said beside it 'For T-Mobile UK try last code' So do you think it may only accept a T-Mobile Sim because of that or would it not make a difference?
    08-30-09 08:37 AM
    Try another sim card. Maybe that one is bad. Also go back to Options, Advanced, Sim Card and type MEPD. Make sure it says Sim Card Security: Disabled and all locks are disabled.
    08-30-09 08:54 AM
    Just Inserted Another New 02 Sim Card but still says 'SIM Card Rejected'
    Also went back to Advanced Options and the Sim, Network, Service etc are all Listed as 'Disabled'
    08-30-09 09:00 AM
    AT&T will give you the code if you ask for it. Check their website, they have an international toll free number, call them. I'm guessing the code you had was no good, after the code accepted message, you should get a sim unlocked message.
    Too bad you don't have an ATT sim to test the phone and make sure it works properly.

08-30-09 09:18 AM
    Ok Thanks, will do that now.
    08-30-09 09:26 AM
    Your blackberry from att works on a different frequency than the gsm version outside the us that might be why

08-30-09 09:34 AM
    When I unlocked my at&t 8310 ,
    I was instructed to make sure that I had an at&t
    Sim card in the phone while unlocking.
    Maybe this is your problem.

08-30-09 09:42 AM
    Is there anyway to change this frequency problem? (As you can tell i dont know much about these things, im new to all of this)
    I did read reviews first though before i bought the phone on the AT&T network so i knew it wouldnt work in the Uk but it was said if you get it unlocked there should be no problem.
    08-30-09 09:42 AM
    When I unlocked my at&t 8310 ,
    I was instructed to make sure that I had an at&t
    Sim card in the phone while unlocking.
    Maybe this is your problem.

Yea i was wondering if that might have been the problem aswell, i recieved the phone without any sim though. The only ones i had were New 02 Pay as you go, The code was accepted with the 02 sim in the phone so i though all was good but now it says 'sim card rejected'

Is it too late now to buy a At&t sim card though as the phone is already unlocked, i cant enter a new code and the at&t sim proabbly wont work in the Uk so it may be too late.
    08-30-09 09:45 AM
    Yea i was wondering if that might have been the problem aswell, i recieved the phone without any sim though. The only ones i had were New 02 Pay as you go, The code was accepted with the 02 sim in the phone so i though all was good but now it says 'sim card rejected'

Is it too late now to buy a At&t sim card though as the phone is already unlocked, i cant enter a new code and the at&t sim proabbly wont work in the Uk so it may be too late.
    im sorry for you tracy. im thinking the only way you can get it to work is to put in an at&t sim. im not completely sure about this though,maybe some of the pro`s here on crackberry can be of some help to you.
    08-30-09 09:49 AM
    yes i think i will just buy a at&t sim and see if it works here. *finger crossed*
    Oh and Thanks for all the help everyone
    08-30-09 09:55 AM
    yes i think i will just buy a at&t sim and see if it works here. *finger crossed*
    Oh and Thanks for all the help everyone
    okay,let us know how it turns out!
    08-30-09 09:57 AM
    I Contacted Unlock-data Earlier and they said
    'The o2 sims you have may be the newer 3g type sims which will not work in the 8310 as it is not a 3g compatible device.'
    So i put a New 3 SIM Card in and it is not saying 'SIM Card rejected anymore but it is not saying Orange. Im so confused right now. I also went to buy New at&t sim cards from Ebay there now aswell and looked at them from America & the UK but the sellers have stated they do not work in the UK so dont think i will buy them if they're no use here.
    08-30-09 10:25 AM
    I Contacted Unlock-data Earlier and they said
    'The o2 sims you have may be the newer 3g type sims which will not work in the 8310 as it is not a 3g compatible device.'
    So i put a New 3 SIM Card in and it is not saying 'SIM Card rejected anymore but it is not saying Orange. Im so confused right now. I also went to buy New at&t sim cards from Ebay there now aswell and looked at them from America & the UK but the sellers have stated they do not work in the UK so dont think i will buy them if they're no use here.
    If the locks show disabled when you type "MEPD" then the device is unlocked. It is just that the sim card you are using is not compatible with the phone. When you put in the Orange Sim do you have service and can you make a call? What network does the phone show it it on? Companies have changed many times over the years and often a phone will display an older name depending on sim used and programming in the phone. That doesn't matter as long as the phone is operating with the sim card that is inserted.
    08-30-09 11:51 AM
    I finally got my Blackberry working. Turns out it wasn't as big as problem i thought. Seemed i just needed a different 02 sim card. The first 2 i tried were rejected but the 3rd one i put in worked fine so it's all good now.
    Thanks for the help everyone!
    08-31-09 12:30 PM
    Glad you got it working tracy !! And welcome to crackberry!

08-31-09 12:31 PM
    I have an AT&T blackberry 8310 that I unlocked but when I put my tmoblie sim in it, it says invalid sim. What should I do?
    05-13-13 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD