Ok so I get these messages periodically (every 2-3 months) there from BB and they state that my handheld has just been registered, the actual message is " Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." What confuses me is I've had my curve for just under a year and its been fully functional the entire time.

So now that the sit. has been explained, any one else get these messages? There not really a prob. just annoying, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 03:52 PM
    Did you recently just upgrade your OS? I got the same message when I first turned on my Curve and after my OS upgrade to 4.5
    09-23-09 03:55 PM
    I get the same messages, have no clue what they mean.
    09-23-09 03:55 PM
    I've been running .131 for the last 4 months, and as far as I can remember the messages we're coming before the upgrade.

Are yall on sprint or a dif. provider?

09-23-09 04:05 PM
    What the message means is that your BB is registered and is recognized by RIM so data can be received and transferred etc
    09-23-09 04:09 PM
    Yea I understand the purpose and intention of the message, that's not the problem, *why* do I continuously receive these messages?

09-23-09 04:41 PM
    You Get Thi When Sprint Does A Software Upgrade To Your Phone. It Is Letting You Know That You Just Got Service Books... If You Check Out Any Icons Or Apps You Deleted They Are Probably Back Now...
    09-23-09 05:07 PM
    I've never gotten the message unless I did a register now.
    09-23-09 05:11 PM
    I've never gotten the message unless I did a register now.
    Maybe verizon does not send updates...
    09-23-09 05:16 PM
    I get the same messages, have no clue what they mean.
    Everytime you:

Wipe
    Reinstall OS
    Push Software Upgrades
    Manually Reregister Via options>advanced options>host routing>Register Handheld
    Send Service Books

All this is is the device establishing contact with RIM servers.....it is not harmful...will not erase/wipe or change anything and is generally harmless

There ARE other incidents that COULD trigger this...such as reacquiring tower registration .......

hope this helps and no matter what dont worry.....unless it starts FAILING to get this message or repeatedly receives this message over short time spans
    09-23-09 05:33 PM
    Maybe verizon does not send updates...
    Verizon uses PRL updates.......Preferred Roaming List.....AKA Updating Tower lists to the phone to help improve reception .......

Many of you probably best know this as *228
    09-23-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD