Okay guys, I just got the 8330 from Sprint today. Just got it activated and everything. I had the 8130 Pearl and just got the Curve 8330.

I have been trying to set up an e-mail account and the only option it gives me, is to set up a work e-mail, which i do not have!

second. I cannot find the browser ANYWHERE! I have been looking and looking around the whole phone to see if it is hidden, and it is not.

can anyone help me on these 2 items?

thanks in advance!

-CC
    08-07-08 07:51 PM
    For the browser, you might need to have the service books repushed. After that, you might have the option for BIS, but I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 07:55 PM
    are you setting up your email from the phone or from the PC?

page 11-12 of the manual explains setup from the phone. You want the Blackberry Internet service Option.

the browser icon is a globe with an orange ring around it.
    08-07-08 07:57 PM
    Make sure Sprint added the data plan. They forgot to do that with me. You will have to call sprint, say tech support and then BB.

08-07-08 07:57 PM
    In the setup wizard I only have the option of setting up a work e-mail or none at all
    08-07-08 08:05 PM
    And it sometimes really does take 4 hours to get completely provisioned with the new service books

08-07-08 08:05 PM
    Sounds like your phone isn't provisioned completely. You can try this link BlackBerry Internet Service to see if your account is active. If it is you can send the service books to your phone.
    08-07-08 08:06 PM
    Okay, well i just tried to send the service books to my phone, nothing yet. Hopefully soon. Thanks for all the quick replys! Crackberry is the best!

Will update..
    08-07-08 08:22 PM
    Hi, go into options, select mobile network, open menu and select start provisioning.

08-07-08 08:24 PM
    Hi, go into options, select mobile network, open menu and select start provisioning.

THANK YOU!! It worked!!!

Thanks a whole bunch!!!

Thanks for everyones quick replies and help!
    08-07-08 08:30 PM
    i had that same problem when i purchased the phone...I had to call Tech Support to fix it
    08-08-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD