Well I did it, I bought my first blackberry. I am now the proud owner of a curve I just got home and I still can't do anything that requires data usage. I wonder if it is due to waiting for my number to transfer from the previous company. Any idea?
    03-17-09 07:34 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. Port should have nothing to do with data. Try this options>advanced options Host routing table> menu>register now.

If this does not work, call your carrier and make sure they added a data plan to your account
    03-17-09 07:39 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that.

I had to leave before we had everything set up because hubby had to get to class and his car is in the shop. I plan to go to go back tomorrow if I don't figure it all out tonight.
    03-17-09 07:47 PM
    Welcome to CB. Be careful. Some say the site is more of an addiction than the actual BB.
    03-17-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that.

I had to leave before we had everything set up because hubby had to get to class and his car is in the shop. I plan to go to go back tomorrow if I don't figure it all out tonight.

Rome was not built in a day take your time and enjoy the learning.
    03-17-09 07:49 PM
    The good news - taking the battery and sim card out and putting them back in fixed my lack of data service. The bad news - I think I'm already getting addicted, lol!
    03-17-09 09:03 PM
    The good news - taking the battery and sim card out and putting them back in fixed my lack of data service. The bad news - I think I'm already getting addicted, lol!
    Oh oh. That is always trouble.
    03-17-09 09:27 PM
    Welcome to crackberry Hippie Mama! Here's a good link for newbies if you haven't already checked it out please do so...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    03-17-09 09:31 PM
    hey! welcome to the site and welcome to the life lol. Dont stress over the phone, and enjoy the life out it!
    03-17-09 09:34 PM
    Welcome Hippie Mama....
    03-17-09 09:36 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:40 PM
    Congrats! Glad you got it straightened out.
    Last edited by TheSultan; 03-17-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: didn't read the whole thread before posting--LOL!
    03-17-09 09:42 PM
    Glad to hear it all worked out. And yes, as previously stated...welcome to the addiction!
    03-18-09 05:32 AM
    Welcome to Blackberryism !
    Good luck getting it up and running, im sure once you do you will have loads more questions.

Check out the latest OS thread and get that installed before you get really started, then check out the must have apps thread and get some gadgets on there
    03-18-09 05:36 AM
    Welcome to CB. The addiction is the good news.
    03-18-09 06:11 AM
    Crackberry is a helluva drug...welcome to our world!!!
    03-18-09 06:26 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    The addiction is far from bad!
    03-18-09 07:16 AM
    This addiction can be bad...My wife hates my blackberry. I'm always on it.

03-18-09 08:13 AM
    This addiction can be bad...My wife hates my blackberry. I'm always on it.

Maybe you need to get your wife a BB and then she won't hate you as much because she will be too busy being addicted to it as well.
    03-18-09 08:31 AM
    Here we support and expand your addiction, it is an airborne affliction spread by casual contact, and there is no cure. Why would you want one.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, and enjoy your new BB!

03-18-09 08:47 AM
    Rockin my Pink Berry since saturday...
    03-18-09 08:48 AM
    Rockin my Pink Berry since saturday...
    Cool I am In Hampton Va, add me if you like pin is in avatar
    03-22-09 06:56 AM
    I am also a new bb owner, I've had it for a month now and already can't live without it! Enjoy!

03-22-09 07:08 AM
    I'm a newcomer as well. Came from the WM camp and liking the transfer.

My wife was so pissed after I got it 'til she learned it's a good babysitter at the eye doctors office. Now I sit quietly in the corner with the other kids and their animal crackers. ;-)

03-22-09 08:35 AM
    Congrats & Welcome, as previously posted definitely hit up the OS update, then check out those "must have" apps, it definitely helped me out when I first got on here! I'm loving my Curve more & more ever day, just started into themes now, put a new one on last night, think I've added to my addiction, if that's even possible!
    03-22-09 08:44 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD