So I just got the pink 8330 bb curve and i love using the camera. I have puppy that i love taking pictures of. well, i found out i cannot save more then 8 pictures! after i have 8 pictures saved in my media, it says that it is full! that is just crazy! i called verizon and they said i have to put my cds in my pc and do all that stuff and they may be able to fix it.. but i am not home(I am visiting my mom) and i have my mac laptop with me so i cannot use my cds.. i want to fix the problem now so i was wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem and hopefully knows how the fix it??
    06-22-09 11:16 PM
    Do you have a memory card in your BB?

If you don't, you really need to get one. Your BB has 64MB of memory, compared to 4, or 8GB of memory available on a memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:30 PM
    Go to Options, Status. What is your file free memory?

06-22-09 11:33 PM
    rider is correct. You really need to get a media card asap to get those pics off of your device memory. Once you have that media card installed and formatted you can move the pics.
    06-22-09 11:35 PM
    You'll really want to look into buying a microSD storage card for your phone... probably at least 1GB. They're fairly cheap nowadays, available at most electronics and department stores. And if you can stand to wait, they're even cheaper online.

You'll find that you fill up the internal memory very quickly if you have a lot of media (like pictures). Just popping in a storage card is an easy and cheap way to fix the problem quickly, while improving your phone for the long run. Your pictures/videos will automatically save to the card from then on, and you'll have space to put music and such on it too.

I can't help about an instant fix though; it's strange that a few pictures would fill up a brand new phone. Maybe turn your picture resolution down for the time being if you'll just be viewing them on your phone.
    06-22-09 11:45 PM
    Memory cards are so inexpensive now, I wouldn't bother with anything less than 4GB.

06-22-09 11:50 PM
    Do you have a memory card in your BB?

If you don't, you really need to get one. Your BB has 64MB of memory, compared to 4, or 8GB of memory available on a memory card.

OP has the 8330, which has 96MB of RAM, not the 64 of earlier Curves. That said, OP, have you looked to see if you have a media card installed under the battery?

06-22-09 11:52 PM
    Good catch BK.

Or, go to Options, Media Card.

06-22-09 11:56 PM
    I always buy microSD cards for my phones. There are plenty of good deals online. So before you go to a store and get jipped, check online sites first
    06-23-09 12:45 AM
    I just bought an 8gb SD card on ebay with free shipping for $16 because I am having this same issue... can't wait to get it in!!
    06-23-09 06:18 AM
    Yeah, must add my voice here too......

Just got a 4GB card from Amazon for $9.19, with free shipping! Got it within 3 - 4 days.

I can assure you, you'll NEVER get such a deal in a store!

For me, its online media card purchases ONLY!!
    06-23-09 08:36 AM
    A card is a practical MUST as mentioned. Also as mentioned, there's really no need to go less than 4G with the current pricing in mind. Once installed and formatted, get everything you can off the device memory and to the card. You may want to enable mass storage support at that time also:

Options > Media Card > set mass storage mode support to "on"
    06-23-09 08:40 AM
    Yes, get a memory card. If you don't want to wait on shipping, I got one at walmart for under $10. I have a 2 gig and it is more than enough for me.

06-23-09 08:57 AM
    I just got an 8 gig class 6 for $13 ordered for my Curve. Got a 4 for the wife, $7. Amazon. Ordered a charging pod for $1.21.
    Great deals can be had online. Looking forward to all of that space.

06-23-09 09:36 AM
    thanks so much. which media card works for the pink curve 8330? and where does it go in the phone?
    06-23-09 10:32 PM
    thanks so much. which media card works for the pink curve 8330? and where does it go in the phone?

Any micro SD card. It goes into a little metal clip found under the battery.
    06-23-09 10:35 PM
    Any micro SD card up to 8gig will work and it goes under your battery...

Read this and it will help you.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    06-23-09 10:36 PM
    and this will work for videos as well?
    06-23-09 10:38 PM
    and this will work for videos as well?
    As long as the videos are in a compatible file format.
    06-24-09 12:46 AM
    I just got my media card.. what is the bigger adapter media card for?
    06-27-09 07:17 PM
    It's an adapter so you could use your micro sd card in a device that takes a regular sd card. It is a micro sd to sd card adapter.
    06-27-09 07:25 PM
    thats why you get ur berry through sprint they all come with a 1 gig memory card but i upgraded mine to 4 gb im thinking of buying a 16gig now
    06-28-09 12:00 AM
    I just purchased the newly formatted Sandisk 16 GB Micro SD.
    06-28-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD