The main reason for my purchase was internet use. I go visit my grandpa and bless his heart, he doesn't "do" internet. I got very sick of not being able to MySpace and FB lol! I have a few questions if anyone could offer any suggestions...

When I bought the phone the girl in Verizon set up my Yahoo email on my BB. I have the icon for it and everything. My only problem is anytime I get an email it shows up where my text messages are. My Yahoo icon never lights up or chimes. Is there a way to fix this? I'd rather have those separate as I have different "chimes" set for each of them

So far I LOVE my BB and I'll never go back to another phone, unless of course something changes, but I seriously doubt I'll be swayed!

Thanks for any help y'all can offer
    07-09-09 10:00 PM
    I don't know how to help you, but congrats on your new Blackberry and welcome to the Crackberry community!
    07-09-09 10:13 PM
    Thank you so very much Even the girl at Verizon said to check out this site, she said it was AMAZING!
    07-09-09 10:16 PM
    Go to your messages, push the blackberry button and click on options. Go to sms and email options and change it to separate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 10:28 PM
    It doesn't allow me to do that. It says something about "reconcile messages" but I'm scared if I do that I'll mess something up lol.
    07-09-09 10:50 PM
    Open messages, then goto options, then goto general settings, scroll down till you see sms and email, click it and seperate. Welcome to the crackberry family have fun =D

07-09-09 11:04 PM
    I also just got my blackberry and had to register here!

07-09-09 11:07 PM
    Thanks so much, I found what you both were talking about. Even though it wasn't quite what I was wanting to do, I appreciate the input! I'm not really sure you can completely remove emails from popping up in the "messages" icon. I just have this cute Yahoo icon that never lights up lol. It would be great if my SMS messages came to the "messages" icon, and emails came to the Yahoo icon only.

Oh well, I'll live Still love this thing!
    07-09-09 11:33 PM
    the 'Yahoo' icon should signal consistent with your message folder if you get a Yahoo email. In options/general settings I have mine set to "theme controlled". When I get a Yahoo email, I get both the Y and message folders notification, with of course the audio "yaaahoooo=ooh"! Hope that helps...
    07-09-09 11:48 PM
    Thank you so much for the awesome information!!! I just got my BB Curve yesterday and was having the same problem!!! I'm a happy camper thanks to you.
    07-09-09 11:55 PM
    Welcome aboard!!
    07-10-09 02:03 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Nation!

07-10-09 02:06 AM
    I had this problem to, and I searched the crackberry forum

This should help you 100%

I couldnt post the link from crackberry because I don't have 10 posts yet, (weak) I'm trying to help someone so i'll copy and paste what's in the link

A common question, "How do I change the message and email notifications on my BlackBerry?"

From you main screen, press F (if you have dial from home screen OFF!). If not, go to your icons, and select 'profiles'.

Scroll down to 'advanced', and select it...

On the next screen, choose the profile you want to edit. In this example, we'll do 'normal'. Press menu, then select 'edit'...

You will notice multiple items you can edit the notification for. Select the one you want...

On this screen, pressing the trackball will allow you to edit each field...

Once you're done, pres the ESC button, and you will be given the option to save...
    07-10-09 12:52 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry. I've only had mine a month, and I'd be dead without it...on our trip back from Minnesota...my battery did, and SO DID I!
    07-10-09 01:05 PM
    I think you should return your curve and get a tour
    07-10-09 01:08 PM
    Haha I was just thinking the same thing

I think you should return your curve and get a tour
    07-10-09 01:35 PM
    I thought about getting a tour but you have to pre order them right now at Verizon I wanted a BB and it was time for an upgrade so I made my choice, coudn't be happier!

Plus, the Tour isn't available in pink
    07-10-09 05:36 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry You will find tons of helpful info on here. Have fun
    07-10-09 06:35 PM
    Welcome to the addiction known as Crackberry, you won't regret signing up, that's for sure!
    07-10-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD