I took it apart meaning removed the batt. , sim card and mem card. Should I use compressed air to blow water out of it?! OMG OMG OMG! Any hope??
    02-28-08 04:40 PM
    dry it out as best you can, then place it in a zip lock bag full of white rice! make sure the bag is completely air tight so the rice can suck the moisture out of the area. If this doesn't work, then taking it completely apart and removing corrosion from the board with a toothbrush and denatured alcohol is your best bet. Good luck!
    02-28-08 04:57 PM
    Rice? I've never heard of that. How long do you suggest I leave it in the bag? Hours, days?
    02-28-08 05:17 PM
    At least 5 days.
    02-28-08 05:23 PM
    Run headfirst into the hardest vertical surface you can find. Then call your provider and find out what a new curve costs. Bite the bullet and get a new one.

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 05:25 PM
    I took it apart meaning removed the batt. , sim card and mem card. Should I use compressed air to blow water out of it?! OMG OMG OMG! Any hope??
    hi! to yo and everyone else, check out bbrepairshop.com
    02-28-08 05:29 PM
    DB, you're odd methods aren't the solution to everything, just some things

02-28-08 05:29 PM
    My best wishes to you! i dropped my 8800 in the sink yesterday when i was so gracefully trying to brush my teeth and email. ha ha it was quite stressful. i pulled mine apart and let dry infront of a blower for about 3 hours. it works now, except when selecting something i have to press the trackball down a little harder.
    02-28-08 05:30 PM
    Cnn.cn might be able to help if some parts are DBR (Damaged Beyond Repair)

02-28-08 05:30 PM
    I think people need to realize....bathrooms and BB's just dont mix,,,
    02-28-08 05:35 PM
    bbrepairshop.com check it out as they do service and parts for the blackberry
    02-28-08 05:40 PM
    Steer away from bathrooms, swimming pools, kitchens and anywhere else there is any chance of water coming close to your berry!

02-28-08 05:44 PM
    Berry abuse

02-28-08 05:51 PM
    As punishment for this heinous act against BlackBerry I think Nomis77 should have the BB or CB logo tattoo'd on 'em!

02-28-08 05:57 PM
    Steer away from bathrooms, swimming pools, kitchens and anywhere else there is any chance of water coming close to your berry!

What if I put water wings and a blow up rubber duck ring around mine? Then can I take it to the pool? I live in Phoenix and it's hot!
    02-28-08 05:59 PM
    There was an iPod floaty on IWOOT (IWantOneOfThose.com) that was supposed to allow full functionality of the iPod whilt keeping it water resistant and floating. You could even frown it and the iPod wouldn't get wet.

02-28-08 06:05 PM
    i am the king of water when it comes to phones this is what happened to my old nokia
    dropped it in a pool--rip nokia #1
    dropped #2 in toilet-fixed
    dropped #2 in sink--fixed
    dropped #2 in punch bowl at party --fixed
    dropped #2 in pond while skating-found and fixed
    went biking and it fell out of pocket crushing antennae --rip nokia #2...
    and then i went phoneless for about a month an i got my beloved curve

anyway this is my meathod i have come up with to saving my phone...
    first take all removeable parts out and dry them with a towel
    then dry it for about a minute on low with a hairdryer
    then plug it into the charger and continue blowing on it with the high setting now...
    be sure to do the best you can at drying all sides and corners of the phone
    then lastly just do the last step but put the plug in and out every so often each time trying to turn on the phone

hey it works for me!
    02-28-08 09:08 PM
    I hope you tried the bag of rice nomis77 because that really works!
    02-28-08 09:15 PM
    Either way, let us know what comes of this, and if you do the bag of rice thing, let us know too. I've never thought of that, but seems logical, just not sure how logical...
    02-28-08 09:17 PM
    I think people need to realize....bathrooms and BB's just dont mix,,,
    You can say that again.

Dropped mine in the toilet, Grabbed it while still at surface, had a rubber cover on the back,placed it on my warm granite radiator covers overnight.

Working just fine!!
    02-28-08 09:35 PM
    I hope you tried the bag of rice nomis77 because that really works!
    Yea i agree my sister's took her BB for a swim and this brought it back to life.
    02-29-08 12:23 AM
    Woo hoo!! It's alive! It's alive! I didn't do the rice thing because it sounds like it takes forever. I'm not into waiting that long to have contact with people. I set up a hairdryer on low and kept it running for about 3 hours with the Curve standing on edge. The screen is kinda jacked when you hold it at an extreme angle but it looks fine with normal use. The water under the screen glass is almost completely gone. I have to go buy a hairdryer tomorow so I can continue since I borrowed one today and had to give it back. I want all that water out! Tonite I'm leaving the Curve sitting next to my laptop since that thing always runs hot. I'm so paranoid I might run around with my Curve in a zip-lock baggie after this. Thanks for all the input. You guys are great! O and you girls are awesome too!!
    02-29-08 12:29 AM
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

The day after I got my Curve, I was transferring things out of my old Moto Razr V3i. That phone was really tweaked and friends all over were begging me for it knowing that I had gotten a new BlackBerry.

Well there I was in the morning laying in bed transferring data from one phone to the other. I got up and moved on to other things forgetting that I had left the Razr on the bed. Well that particular day was wash-the-bedsheets-day and oppps, the Razr wound up in the washing machine with the sheets. When pulling the sheets out of the washer, there was the phone in the bottom of the washing machine. Now this was AFTER a full wash cycle in HOT water.

Could you possibly imagine this thing working after all that?

Well, I left it out on the kitchen counter for two days and after that it seemed to work. The only thing wrong with it is the "8" key doesn't light up anymore.

I'm picky about my cellphone and I wouldn't keep it if anything wasn't operating in perfect condition so I would have gotten a new phone anyway but I was shocked that anything on that phone worked at all let alone just one single problem with a key not lighting up anymore.

Run through a washing machine in HOT water cycles and still works. Motorola oughta make a commercial about that. LOL.
    02-29-08 01:51 AM
    Also read this FAQ about what to do if your BlackBerry gets wet:
    Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    03-01-08 12:44 AM
    i am the king of water when it comes to phones this is what happened to my old nokia
    dropped it in a pool--rip nokia #1
    dropped #2 in toilet-fixed
    dropped #2 in sink--fixed
    dropped #2 in punch bowl at party --fixed
    dropped #2 in pond while skating-found and fixed
    went biking and it fell out of pocket crushing antennae --rip nokia #2...
    and then i went phoneless for about a month an i got my beloved curve

!
    dude-

you dropped your berry in the toilet? and then the same berry was dropped in a PUNCH bowl?

-db

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
    03-01-08 01:08 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD