Hi all - I'm presently in the process of switching from Sprint/Nextel (BB8350i) to Verizon 8330. My question is this: can I use the current desktop manager that I have for my 8350i on the new 8330? I have everything backed up there and would be simple for me to transfer everything. Or do I need to re-load the new DM when I get it and basically start over? I have my contacts synced with Yahoo so I don't think that will be a problem but I just need to know. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I'm looking forward to joining this forum!
    05-25-09 09:59 AM
    What version of the DM do you have? it should work just fine
    05-25-09 10:01 AM
    Welcome to the dark side! Verizon outweighs Sprint in quality and reception, but im a BlackBerryHolic so I love them all.

Yes, you can use your current desktop manager installed. As long as you did a back up with the Sprint Curve, you will be able to reload everything onto your Verizon Curve. I dont see that being a problem. Good Luck!
    05-25-09 10:02 AM
    Great! Thank you both for the quick response. BTW - I have DM 4.7 so it should be okay, I guess. If not - I'll be back for help! LOL Thanks again.
    05-25-09 10:04 AM
    If you are 4.7, I would roll back to 4.6 on a curve. This version is more stable for the curve. It can be found at Blackbery.com
    05-25-09 10:06 AM
    Oh, okay. I guess newest isn't always better.
    05-25-09 10:08 AM
    I do agree. I have 4.7 on one computer for my Storm. And had to put 4.6 on my desktop for my Curve. I tried to connect the Curve to 4.7 and it would connect sometimes, and sometimes it wouldnt. So Rolled back to 4.6 and never had a problem scince. I would highly recommened the roll back also.
    05-25-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD